Solved

How long before I can see gas smart meter data on MyOVO after a meter fitting?

• 29 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Earlier this month, I had my OVO smart meters installed and have been happily watching my indoor meter telling me how much gas and electricity I have been using..
I thought I had better go online and see what OVO were getting.
They are getting my two electricity meter readings fine but they are waiting for me to give them a gas reading!!
The HAN and the WAN are working fine as
A) The HAN and WAN are blinking away nicely on the meters in the cupboards next to one another and the internal meter is displaying both the usages fine so,
when will this problem be resolved?
Is it something I can do - shouldn't need too I assume.
Grumpy2
icon

Best answer by oligun93 30 January 2019, 21:08

Hi Grumpy2

This is normal thing to experience after having smart meters installed. When updating a meter there is lots of information that need to be updated across not just your suppliers databases but also the national database, this can sometimes happen really quickly but can take up to 6 weeks after having them installed. Your electricity one was updated quickly, but as gas and electricity use different databases your gas hasn't come through as quickly.

Its nothing to worry about, once the information has been updated your gas meter will communicate with your electric meter and we will receive all of your readings automatically.
View original

2 replies

Hi Grumpy2

This is normal thing to experience after having smart meters installed. When updating a meter there is lots of information that need to be updated across not just your suppliers databases but also the national database, this can sometimes happen really quickly but can take up to 6 weeks after having them installed. Your electricity one was updated quickly, but as gas and electricity use different databases your gas hasn't come through as quickly.

Its nothing to worry about, once the information has been updated your gas meter will communicate with your electric meter and we will receive all of your readings automatically.
Thanks! I'll be more patient.