Solved

Why isn't my app showing my usage?

Hi my smart meter is showing usage but it isn't showing on the app. All it shows on the app is the standing charge. Can anyone help please?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 10 June 2019, 15:53

Hey @rdowding, @Gasgirl, @NJWB,

There's a known issue which is affecting the way usage is shown on the app. If it's what I'm thinking it is, it's down to the reading schedule on the smart meter - but the team will be able to confirm this .

You can call the team to resolve this on 0330 303 5063 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, you can also email them on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you've called the team about this, you won't lose your Self Service Reward (SSR) don't worry!

Have you managed to get this sorted, @Sleatock, @frosty, @Sue.aussie?
View original

22 replies

Userlevel 4
Hey @Sleatock, it sounds like you may be a Pay As You Go customer, please pop over to our Boost Forum for further help.
HI @Amy_OVO I am not a pay as you go customer. I have spoken to someone today and they have said the usage had been changed to show monthly but will be reverted back to daily in next 24 hours
Since the beginning of June 2019 I have no Daily or monthly consumption Data or charges either on my App or online account for both Gas and Electric! All I'm getting charged for currently is my daily Standing Charge. My in-home Display is currently showing my usage, so why is this not showing on my account?Everything was working perfectly until the last day in may. How do I fix this without contacting OVO direct and losing my Self Service Reward? All I get is a message stating SORRY, THIS USAGE DATA IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE or SORRY, ELECTRICITY / GAS CONSUMPTION CHARGES NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS MONTH. Is OVO still getting my readings from my smart meter or will I still lose my Self-Service charge because my readings are not being sent?
I’m having the exact same problem. I take it you have now lost your Self Service Reward this quarter by contacting OVO to sort this problem? Not sure how I can rectify this without contacting OVO!
since the start of June I’m having exactly same problem, hopefully this will get sorted soon as it makes the app pretty useless as I like to keep track of daily usage too!
It’s not just my app but my online account to that’s not showing my usage! At the moment I’m only being billed for my daily charge, nothing for the amount of gas and electric I’ve been using since the 1st June.
I am a fairly new customer. For the first two months the daily usage was showing fine on the app. Then on 30 May it stopped and I have had no usage data since then. My bill for the end of May is showing as based on estimated usage. Is this a general issue or is there a problem with my smart meters?
Me neither. No consumption data since May 29th!
I've been with OVO for about 18months and my usage data stopped on May 30th too. Sorry if this doesn't help but there are now at least three people on this forum with this problem!
Since May 29th neither OVO online not the OVO app are showing any daily consumption data.
My May total includes usage up to May 29th and my June total only includes 58p a day for daily charges!
Mine is exactly the same, only showing the standing charge. Have checked the meters and both functioning fine. No communication from OVO regarding any issues so hoping some one can give us some answers.
I just spoke to OVO customer support - apparently my account/meter readings had been changed to a monthly basis. Looking at my bill for May it looks like the last two days' consumption were not included.

OVO have told me that this should be resolved within the next 24 hours and that I won't lose my quarterly self-service bonus. Hopefully this will be the case!
Userlevel 4
Hey @rdowding, @Gasgirl, @NJWB,

There's a known issue which is affecting the way usage is shown on the app. If it's what I'm thinking it is, it's down to the reading schedule on the smart meter - but the team will be able to confirm this .

You can call the team to resolve this on 0330 303 5063 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, you can also email them on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you've called the team about this, you won't lose your Self Service Reward (SSR) don't worry!

Have you managed to get this sorted, @Sleatock, @frosty, @Sue.aussie?
HI @frosty and @Sue.aussie the only way it can be rectified is if you speak to them. I was also told that as this wasn't a problem I could rectify myself I would not lose the self service reward. Hope this helps as mine is now back working showing daily usage.
HI@Eva_OVO mine is now working again as I spoke to them last week. I was assured that it wouldn't affect my self service award as it was something I couldn't sort myself. Thank you for the prompt replies all
Thank you for your replies and help, phoned Ovo and it’s now sorted, a problem at their end, confirmed won’t affect self service award.
Thanks Eva. I called OVO this morning and they say my billing should be updated by tomorrow.
Looks like billing had been updated but with last 12 days rolled up into yesterday's usage figures so no daily utilisation.
I suspect the smart meter had been changed to take readings at a much less regular interval than usual and that the recent daily data is no longer available.
Total waste of time this afternoon calling OVO! was on the phone for 30 minutes trying to get this problem sorted. Only to get nowhere! The advisor tried to transfer to someone else who may be able to help but ended up cutting me off!!! Really annoyed ! Can somebody from OVO who know about this problem actually call me instead so I don’t have to start all over again!
Userlevel 4
Sorry to hear that your call got disconnected, @frosty, sorry for any inconvenience caused, I'll feed this back. You will need to contact our team on the number advised to get this looked into.

Thanks!
Why has the data usage information changed from daily to a monthly and is a month in arrears? It was very useful and is now virtually useless.
Userlevel 4
It sounds like this issue may be affecting your account, @100305979, take a look at the best answer for more advice.