Solved

Why is the information on the app no longer accurate?

Why has rhe app gone Edited by Moderator ?

All it shows now is the previous days useage with completely rubbish information ... apparently i use most energy during the night when i am asleep ... and hardly any energy whilst the TV, washing machine, tumble dryer, cooker bath time ... complete nonsence !
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 28 August 2018, 14:44

Hi @Steveo67, @Turnitoff,

Just a polite reminder of our House Rules on the forum.

We've had a few reports recently of customers' usage graphs on their app not reflecting accurate data. The graph on the website however, is still accurate. This app issue has been reported to our Tech team who are working on a fix. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers
View original

13 replies

Agree with you. When I looked at my daily usage on my iPad mini, it looked strange. I have set my gas water heater to come on at specific times but the usage graph showed gas being used well outside the times scheduled. Electricity also showed a peak at around 2am. Something wrong there!

When I checked the usage graphs on the website, it all looked OK.
I was looking at the previous day usage for my energy consumption on the iPhone app. When viewing the Gas usage I noticed that the gas consumption did not line up with the hot water timings I had set. When I logged into my account in the web browser the half hourly usage corresponded with the hot water timer settings. I see the same mismatch for electricity as well. Is there a bug in the iPhone app? Am I vviewing someone else’s daily usage? I have smart meter installed for gas and electric.
Glad its not just me
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Steveo67, @Turnitoff,

Just a polite reminder of our House Rules on the forum.

We've had a few reports recently of customers' usage graphs on their app not reflecting accurate data. The graph on the website however, is still accurate. This app issue has been reported to our Tech team who are working on a fix. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I was looking at the previous day usage for my energy consumption on the iPhone app. When viewing the Gas usage I noticed that the gas consumption did not line up with the hot water timings I had set.

Hi @Jimmy,

Sounds like you're referring to the issue described at the top of this thread. Check out my answer for more info.

Cheers
And whats happened to looking at last week,last month etc ... i want to see my data
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Steveo67 - this soulds like a different issue. Can you upload some screenshots of what you can see on your weekly/monthly graphs so I can have a closer look?

Thanks
Hi Nancy

The only think it shows is previous day. I have an option to swich from leccy to gas ... thats it.

Previously i could select a week, month or year view and see how much i am using this month comared go last or the same month last year. There was a bit where you could enter a bit of a profile and it wold estimate how much each device was using... OK it might have been a bit crude but i could sho the wife how much using the tumble dryer was costing
See image attached
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks @Steveo67 - this was the issue Nancy mentioned. Whilst we develop this new app to improve these usage features, it might be best to use your browser for My OVO's usage info: http://ovoener.gy/myovo.
Hi Tim

Appreciate your making a new app but losing functionality for existing users i dont think is very good.
Mine is the same on the app, can only see previous days usage.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Can you post a screenshot of this, @Ethel610?

Thanks