Solved

Why is my online balance different to my statement?

• 19 July 2017
  • 1 reply

My monthly statement, recently received, shows a balance of -£80 approx, which is gradually reducing with summer usage. Just browsed My Ovo, and that shows a balance of +£60 approx. Why the difference?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 July 2017, 15:15

My monthly statement, recently received, shows a balance of -£80 approx, which is gradually reducing with summer usage. Just browsed My Ovo, and that shows a balance of +£60 approx. Why the difference?

Hmm that's a good question @JohnT

It sounds like since we created your monthly statement we've taken another Direct Debit payment, which is showing on your My OVO online balance. If I'm right in thinking your Direct Debit is around £140, this would make sense.

If I'm wrong, feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account number (or full address) and DoB - I'll have a closer look at your account.

I've also edited the title of this topic, so it's easier for other users to find.

Cheers,
Emily
View original

1 reply

Hmm that's a good question @JohnT

It sounds like since we created your monthly statement we've taken another Direct Debit payment, which is showing on your My OVO online balance. If I'm right in thinking your Direct Debit is around £140, this would make sense.

If I'm wrong, feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account number (or full address) and DoB - I'll have a closer look at your account.

I've also edited the title of this topic, so it's easier for other users to find.

Cheers,
Emily