Solved

Why have I got the 'onboarding' display on the app, nearly 4 weeks after my switch?

• 16 October 2018
  • 7 replies

I joined OVO on 19 Sep and submitted meter readings. I've been asked to submit meter reading on the 16 Oct, however when I go to the app it just shows all the initial messages from OVO. Deleted the app and down loaded it again it's just the same. I've been checking the app for three days, no change. I find this very frustrating, and suggestions?
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 17 October 2018, 11:28

Hi @Vince, sometimes when you move to OVO it can take 4-6 weeks from the date you switched to your online account becoming active. I know when I switched it took nearly 6 weeks, because there was a delay in my old provider forwarding the closing meter readings.

While your account is not fully active the only option to submit meter readings is by calling, emailing hello@ovoenergy.com or contacting them on Social Media (Facebook/Twitter).
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @Vince,

Welcome to the forum. That does indeed sound very frustrating.
Are you using the iPhone or Android App?
I'm using an iPad.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @Vince, sometimes when you move to OVO it can take 4-6 weeks from the date you switched to your online account becoming active. I know when I switched it took nearly 6 weeks, because there was a delay in my old provider forwarding the closing meter readings.

While your account is not fully active the only option to submit meter readings is by calling, emailing hello@ovoenergy.com or contacting them on Social Media (Facebook/Twitter).
I have done as you surgest and phoned my readings in. However they said nothing when I complained about the app not working and that they would investigate and call me back. I believe your information is probably correct, thank you.
My apps not working either Android or iPhone
Will work if log in via a browser
Tried uninstalling not impressed
Have contacted been told will call u back
Am still waiting
Nudge, they still haven't called me back. Today I received an email to say my first bill can be viewed using
the app. Guess what, I tried and it still doesn't work. OVO need to get their act together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@nudge not good to hear - carry on using MyOVO via your browser until the app issue is sorted. Chase up that call back by emailing hello@ovoenergy.com. ETA 48 hours.

@Vince Mw2870 was spot on - if it's within 6 weeks of your supply start date, your app won't be fully working as we're still waiting to confirm some of the transfer info. This should all be sorted by the 31st October!