Solved

Why doesn't my energy breakdown on My OVO recognise some appliances?

• 29 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Can anyone explain why My Energy Breakdown doesn't recognise my washing machine or my fan heater?
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 31 October 2018, 00:11

Hi @SianiAnni,

This is what I understand:

Your smart meters will take a meter reading of usage every 30 mins, and then once a day will upload that data to OVO. The smart system then learns the "energy signatures" of the devices in your home and attributes them to the available options on your energy breakdown in My OVO. There is some room for error in this calculation as the only data it has to work on is your electricity usage every 30 mins.

More info on it here https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/energy-breakdown

Is your energy breakdown profile up to date?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @SianiAnni,

Your smart meters will take a meter reading of usage every 30 mins, and then once a day will upload that data to OVO. The smart system then learns the "energy signatures" of the devices in your home and attributes them to the available options on your energy breakdown in My OVO. There is some room for error in this calculation as the only data it has to work on is your electricity usage every 30 mins.

More info on it here https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/energy-breakdown

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @SianiAnni,

It's the energy signature algorithms that don't work. Last winter my heating broke down on three separate occasions, and I used an electric fan heater quite a lot. But Ovo failed to assign any electricty usage to electric heaters. And the estimate of the cost of using a 30 year old washing machine is less than 20p a month (for 5 or 6 washes a month). It gives me no confidence in tge Ovoenergy signature algorithms I'm afraid.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
When your heating broke, did you update your profile to say that you had electric heating?