Solved

Why does the energy usage graph differ between the website and my IHD?

• 25 August 2018
  • 5 replies

My in-home display tells me, daily, how much gas and electricity I've used both in kWh and in pounds and pence (price).

Why, then, can the MyOVO usage page show me my historical daily usage for gas and electricity in kWh but not price? There is a price/kWh slider control above the graph but it's non-functional, and It's not like the website doesn't have the values for how much I'm paying per kWh for gas or electricity as I see the unit rates listed for both on the My Profile page.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 29 August 2018, 17:26

Hey @torquil - I've had a response from the Tech team.

This feature was disabled when we switched off the "live data" in March this year. Live data was an additional feature for customers on smart meters, providing an oscillating graph which showed how much energy you were using in real time, and the cost of it.

Our developers are working on a better version of this, and are aware that the removal of it has also taken the costing toggle off the normal usage graphs. They plan on adding it back in, but unfortunately we don't have a date yet.

Hope this helps!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @torquil,

Thanks for flagging this! I've passed it onto our Tech team, and I'll update you as soon as I have more information.

Nancy
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @torquil - I've had a response from the Tech team.

This feature was disabled when we switched off the "live data" in March this year. Live data was an additional feature for customers on smart meters, providing an oscillating graph which showed how much energy you were using in real time, and the cost of it.

Our developers are working on a better version of this, and are aware that the removal of it has also taken the costing toggle off the normal usage graphs. They plan on adding it back in, but unfortunately we don't have a date yet.

Hope this helps!
Many thanks, @Nancy_OVO. Having only recently moved to OVO and joined the smart meter age, I'm still learning :)

T.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I check my electricity and gas consumption figures every morning from the previous day using Pipit.
I have noticed slight descrepancies between the Pipit readings and the online oned from My Energy.
Examples Date-Pipit/online
1 November 51.31/51.0521
2 November 54.45/54.178
3 November42.47/42.2551
4 November 39.64/39.5309
5 November 42.09/41.982
6 November 30.72/30.5665
7 November28.91/28.7692
8 November 50.577/50.577
9 November 43.47/43.2486

Anyone else noticed this, any explanation for it?
Hey @PeterR1947 - I've just moved your query over to this topic!