Solved

Why do I never receive the password reset email for My OVO?

Hi all,

Signed up to OVO around 2 weeks ago and have since had the contract through the post. However, when trying to log onto myOVO for the first time I put in my email address (which is definitely correct and the same as the details on the contract) but I don't ever receive an email for a password reset. How long it takes for a myOVO account to go live after signing up?
I need to give my starting meter readings.

Thanks,

LewisT5151
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 28 August 2018, 15:43

Hi Lewis,

It is normally instant for the password reset link to appear in your inbox. Please do check your junk folder. If the email still hasn't appeared I would advise to try and reset your password with your ID (This ID should be linked to your email address). Give that a go and if doesn't work, we can try other methods.

Thanks
Matt
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Lewis,

It is normally instant for the password reset link to appear in your inbox. Please do check your junk folder. If the email still hasn't appeared I would advise to try and reset your password with your ID (This ID should be linked to your email address). Give that a go and if doesn't work, we can try other methods.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

How do you reset your password using your Ovo ID? Both ways (clicking reset password/first time logging in) takes you to a page that only lets you enter a valid email address?

Thanks,
Lewis
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hey Lewis,

My bad sorry. My brain went a bit mushy and I thought it said "reset password with ID"

Ok, I would say check your junk/spam folder to see if the email has filtered into that.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt,

It's definitely not in my junk folder nor have I accidentally deleted the email so not really sure where it's gone

Thanks,

Lewis
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @LewisT5151 - just checking in too see if you managed to get this resolved? Did you give the team a ring?
Hi Nancy,

I did not, I will give the team a ring today

Many thanks,

Lewis
It is quite difficult to say that why you never get password reset mail for your My OVO account. You should check your email ID which you enter to get the password reset mail is correct or not.
Back in December I received an email saying I've been moved to a new ovo online account - but until now I had mostly ignored it. However I've just tried to log in to the my ovo portal and it won't let me on.

The email says I need to reset my password before I can use the new online account, but I've now tried to do that half a dozen times or so and I never get an email (I'm sure I typed my address correctly and have looked through my spam folder several times).

I've been an Ovo customer for a few years and, for some reason, have never been able to log in with my email address, but my ovoid used to work fine (this is despite being fairly sure they have the correct details - I get regular update emails and have previously requested password resets to that address which have worked fine.)

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can log in to my ovo?

Thanks.
Never mind - it seems I was just being impatient. The password reset emails all came through a few hours after I had requested them. All good now
Userlevel 6
Badge
Glad to hear you got this sorted, @Alsoff 🙂