Solved

Why can't I see my new account on My OVO?

• 30 October 2018
  • 7 replies

Has anyone else had this tech issue? ... we moved house and so OVO closed the old account we had. We wanted to stay with OVO so a new account was set up, with a new OVO ID.

But despite me clearing cookies, cache, using incognito windows, changing passwords etc etc.. whenever I try to login with my new OVO ID and password the screen immediately reverts to the old closed account page.

Meanwhile, OVO wants meter readings for the new house but I can't access the new account page.
I'm stumped.

Emails to the customer service guys just suggest what I've already tried.

I have sent them another email address I have to associate that with my new account but that didn't get picked up on as a suggestion. So I just tried that as a suggestion again.

In the meantime..
Any ideas? Cheers.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 1 November 2018, 16:53

Are you able to access your account on any other devices, @markk? It doesn't sound like your cookies and cache have been cleared, as it keeps remembering your old account. Try this again, and on another device.

If you're still having trouble with this, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter confirming your name, DoB and new account number! 🙂
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @markk, welcome to the forum!

That sounds really annoying. I had one OVO account for a rental property, this was then closed. A couple of years later I opened a new account at a different property. The OVO IDs were different, but linked to the same email address.

I never had any problems and could log into both accounts.
Sounds like you aren't getting anywhere by email, do you use Facebook or Twitter? You could try getting in touch by their social media channels.

Failing that, hopefully one of the OVO staff will see this message and be able to help out.
Thanks @Mw2870
Hopefully one of the OVO guys will see this and / or look at my suggestion to change my new account behind the scenes with the other email address i have.
Social media is an option too cheers.
Userlevel 4
Are you able to access your account on any other devices, @markk? It doesn't sound like your cookies and cache have been cleared, as it keeps remembering your old account. Try this again, and on another device.

If you're still having trouble with this, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter confirming your name, DoB and new account number! 🙂
I am having the same problem changed to OVO in June I have managed to put readings in until the last few weeks. all I get is the page saying you are moving. tried the left hand site to enter readings and it just goes back to the same page. so frustrated not getting anywhere with e-mails they said change password but that hasn't worked either. any body help
Userlevel 2
As Eva mentioned above it sounds like your cookies and cache haven't been cleared @graham4beltsville as it keeps remembering your old account . If you clear your internet history, cookies and cache and reset your password, then you should be able to log in with your customer ID: https://my.ovoenergy.com/password/reset.

If you're still having trouble with this, you can email our Customer Care team at hello@ovoenergy.com or send us a message on Facebook or Twitter confirming your name, DoB and new account number and we'll take a look for you!
In my previous house I had OVO and that has been closed and a new account has been created for the house I have moved in. In my OVO I can see the old account but not the new account Do I need to register as a new customer and create a new OVO profile or I can use my existing one? If I can use my existing one when will I be able to see my new account?

Thank you
Userlevel 4
I've moved your post here, @bdieze, please check out @Eva_OVO's answer.

Thanks!