Solved

Why can't I login to My OVO online or on the app?

• 20 October 2019
  • 14 replies

Is the web service currently down or experiencing problems, unable to access my account details / enter meter readings etc.

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 23 October 2019, 15:49

Hey @smithclarkson001 & @Ralph_Porter,

You’ll need to login using your OVO ID as your username, you can find this on the right-hand side of your statements.

Let us know how you get on! :)

View original

14 replies

Almost every time I try to submit a meter reading I have to re-register. Today even this isn’t working and both the app and website say my account is nearly ready. I have been with you for nearly a year and it does this most months. I am so sick of it and thinking of going back to EDF as it was much easier to submit readings with them.

Is the web service currently down or experiencing problems, unable to access my account details / enter meter readings etc.

I’m facing the same problem still... I don’t know what is wrong…!!! :(

Is it working now???

Not for me no....

Not for me no....

I wonder what’s wrong with it..!

Userlevel 5

Hey @smithclarkson001 & @Ralph_Porter,

You’ll need to login using your OVO ID as your username, you can find this on the right-hand side of your statements.

Let us know how you get on! :)

Thanks Eva, that works now but why does my email address no longer work do you know?

Many Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good question that, @Ralph_Porter - you’ve always been able to use either, so anytime the email address login is an issue, try out that OVO ID instead. We’ll work on the cause of this behind the scenes!

thanks for the help , done !!

I don't seem to be able to log in to my account today. Never had any problems before. Is there an issue? 

Userlevel 5

There’s no known issues, @Christopher! It could be that you just need to use your OVO ID as your username, not your email address - there’s more info above! :)

If the username isn’t the problem, we’ll need some more information on what’s stopping you logging in -  are you seeing an error message?  Send us a screenshot of what you can see, maybe another forum user will be able to step in and help. 

Having been an OVO customer for over five years, with no problems, I have been unable to access my account for the last week.  Following OVO’s advice I have tried using ID instead of email address and changed passwords, but to no avail.  I’m can’t manage without access to my records. The problem has arisen through OVO’s website update sometime in November.  It seems my Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 platform has not been catered for in the new programming.  Has anyone else encountered this difficulty I wonder.

Userlevel 5

Have you tried to login through Google Chrome, @anonimouse? If that doesn’t work, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. If you don’t use social media, just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com. 

Userlevel 5

Have you tried to login through Google Chrome, @anonimouse? If that doesn’t work, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number so we can look into this. If you don’t use social media, just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.