Solved

Why can't I log in or reset password?

• 4 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I signed up with Ovo earlier today and was asked to set a password etc for my portal account, and after completing the sign-up and getting all of my introductory emails I accessed the portal as normal.

About an hour ago I tried to access it again but it has logged me out, and when I tried signing in it said wrong username or password. I tried entering my password I'm sure that I used a few times, and some other passwords for good measure and was getting the instant error message of wrong email or password still. I tried the reset my password option, yet I'm not getting any emails from this what-so-ever, as well as when I select the "first time logging in" option which just directs me to the exact same password reset page anyway. I have tried this ten times and still have nothing in my inbox.

YES - I have checked my spam folder. And I know that the email is correct because I was getting Ovo emails fine earlier, and have done when creating this account just now.

It looks like other users on here have reported this issue - some going back two years - and one in particular saying that months have passed by and Ovo support who they have called over five times, who are just saying it is "being looked in to" yet they still cannot log-in, but if this cannot be resolved for me promptly and if I'm getting the same experience as this other customer I'll be going elsewhere.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 12 March 2019, 14:37

Hi @ryan6292

Have you tried using your OVO account ID rather than your email address to log in? You can find this on any communications from us.

Also, when you say you signed up with us a few days ago, do you mean you moved into a property that OVO supplies and set up an account, or you started a switch from another supplier to OVO?

Cheers
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @ryan6292

Have you tried using your OVO account ID rather than your email address to log in? You can find this on any communications from us.

Also, when you say you signed up with us a few days ago, do you mean you moved into a property that OVO supplies and set up an account, or you started a switch from another supplier to OVO?

Cheers
Same problem as most i guess, can't log in to ovo app or my ovo on website, it says email \ password wrong, tried requesting new password, doesn't send me new link and it's not in my spam!! Have phoned in the past and tbh am sick of waiting to get response on phone.
Hi @Dannyboy,

I've moved your question to this existing topic as I feel this best answers it for you.

Check out the best answer by @Nancy_OVO!

Hope this helps!
Thankyou

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings