Solved

Why are my unit rates incorrect on my MyOVO account?

• 1 December 2017
  • 7 replies

The costs per kWh for the gas and electricity shown on the website Usage pages are incorrect, even allowing for the standing charge and the VAT.
Why can they not reflect the tariff values I am on?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 8 December 2017, 17:33

The costs per kWh for the gas and electricity shown on the website Usage pages are incorrect, even allowing for the standing charge and the VAT.

Hi @nonexecdirector,

Just so you know, I've modified the title of your post and added some tags so other users looking for similar information can find it easily.

It's odd that the prices don't match even when taking into account VAT. Can you send some screenshots of what your online account is showing? If there's a problem with the account we can get our Tech team to look into it for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @nonexecdirector,

Just so you know, I've modified the title of your post and added some tags so other users looking for similar information can find it easily.

It's odd that the prices don't match even when taking into account VAT. Can you send some screenshots of what your online account is showing? If there's a problem with the account we can get our Tech team to look into it for you.

Cheers,
Nancy
I have taken a screen shot but this box won't accept it. How do you suggest I get it to you?
I have sent you a personal message asking for your email.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
You can attach a photo to a comment as shown:

If it's easier, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or via email: hello@ovoenergy.com

Tim
Here it is...
Here it is...

Thanks for sending that across, @nonexecdirector

So I've divided the usage cost (£17.02) by the number of kWh's used in that period (120.9) and it makes the unit price out to be 14p (including VAT).

I then divided the cost of standing charge (£2.01) and divided it by the number of days (7) which came to 28.7p (including VAT).

If these figures aren't correct, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Emma
My tariff rates are 11.5p per kWh so the figure you and I calculated are clearly wrong. The gas also is incorrect.
My tariff rates are 11.5p per kWh so the figure you and I calculated are clearly wrong. The gas also is incorrect.

In that case, @nonexecdirector send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number so we can fix this for you.

Thanks,
Emma