Solved

Why are my daily gas usage costs on My OVO over £1000?

Hi,

Why is my daily gas cost at £1,086.13

New customer and this is rather worrying!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 7 June 2018, 17:33

Thanks for flagging this @Heather

This is a known issue effecting a very small number of customers - less then 1% to be precise. This will not effect your billing, and a fix should be put in place by the end of next week!
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Thanks for flagging this @Heather

This is a known issue effecting a very small number of customers - less then 1% to be precise. This will not effect your billing, and a fix should be put in place by the end of next week!
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it will be sorted soon. It is always worrying when you have only just become a new customer - you hear so many horror stories about people having problems with a new supplier. So far I am loving your website, except for this issue.
I submitted a reading which is 111 units greater than my last reading 3 months ago. Ovo have stated my march and april consumption to be low as expected but state my may consumption is about 850,000 kwh about 80,000 units. Is this something anyone else has experienced. I assume this will ne corrected. Coincidentally ive just had an email trying to convince me to switch to a smart meter. The sceptic in me suggests this is just ovo trying to scare me into switching...
I have the exact same problem and it just scared the hell out of me right before I was going to bed!

@Tim_OVO maybe it should have been communicated to customers to prevent confusion and potential heart attacks?!

Please keep us posted on the fix.

Thanks!
I raised this earlier in the year via email when my Jan graph did the same. Ditto now May, which makes the other months so small by comparison, the profiling is pointless. The ever present message on that aspect of the app isn’t helpful as it suggests that part of the app is still under develolment, so bear with it.

Roll on the June fix then!
Sounds like quite an on-going problem. Please get it sorted. It is a shame that this problem is having such an adverse affect on OVO as a whole.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Davidh008 I've moved your comment onto this thread as it's about the same issue!

@heather9 @Ianmsg @carlos.p.a.86 this gas usage graph feature has now been taken down for effected customers, with an error message displayed. I hear this feature will be be fixed by the end of July at the latest.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings