Solved

When I login to MyOVO, why do I get "It looks like you've left OVO Energy" when I haven't?

• 24 November 2018
  • 2 replies

When I log into my online OVO account I get the message "It looks like you've left OVO Energy", my account balance shows as £0, and there is no direct debit showing with the last payment showing as 15 October.

But, the actuality is:

• I have not (to my knowledge) left OVO Energy

• My account balance should show as £304.35 in credit

• The last payment via DD was actually on 15 November, I have confirmed this via my bank. On closer inspection, this payment shows as "OVO Energy first payment".

I would be VERY grateful if you could tell me what is going on? It's not very confidence inspiring at at all
icon

Best answer by Transparent 24 November 2018, 20:24

Hi @Jon1958 I think is simpler than it might appear.

I've responded to a similar situation a couple of months ago from another Forum Member. I think someone has just clicked the wrong box when editing the customer database.

In the previous instance, it was where a single item in a new Customer Details, just happened to have two letters transposed from another OVO customer. The clerk entered them the wrong way around, and OVO's system quite rightly flagged up that there was already an existing customer with that identity. It therefore "wiped" one of the entries, making it appear that both customers had new accounts.

I suggest you email Customer Services on hello@ovoenergy.com with the word "Complaint" in the Subject line. This means you won't lose your quarterly bonus because you're not breaching the terms of having an online account.

There's no doubt that you are paying by DD, and there is no threat to your energy supply. So I'll expect OVO will have this problem sorted within the 5-day deadline for stage-1 of their Complaints Procedure
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Jon1958 I think is simpler than it might appear.

I've responded to a similar situation a couple of months ago from another Forum Member. I think someone has just clicked the wrong box when editing the customer database.

In the previous instance, it was where a single item in a new Customer Details, just happened to have two letters transposed from another OVO customer. The clerk entered them the wrong way around, and OVO's system quite rightly flagged up that there was already an existing customer with that identity. It therefore "wiped" one of the entries, making it appear that both customers had new accounts.

I suggest you email Customer Services on hello@ovoenergy.com with the word "Complaint" in the Subject line. This means you won't lose your quarterly bonus because you're not breaching the terms of having an online account.

There's no doubt that you are paying by DD, and there is no threat to your energy supply. So I'll expect OVO will have this problem sorted within the 5-day deadline for stage-1 of their Complaints Procedure