Solved

Usage data with old meters has gone - help?

Hello all,

I just logged in for the first time since we had our meters changed for smart meters, but now my history seems to only go back to when the meters were changed. Am I missing something, or can I now not see any stats from before...?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 May 2017, 13:17

Hello all,

I just logged in for the first time since we had our meters changed for smart meters, but now my history seems to only go back to when the meters were changed. Am I missing something, or can I now not see any stats from before...?

Thanks!

Hi @Dutchy

When we fit those smart meters, your online My OVO page and app won't have access to the usage history from your old meters. Instead (as long as those smart meters send us your readings every half an hour) the new, detailed usage graphs will populate every day from the meter fitting date. It's a much improved display, so using your old usage data wouldn't fit with the new format. Instead, you can use your statements to compare pre/post smart meter usage.

@Mattj3135 - now you know! ;)

Tim
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hello all,

Thanks!

Mm great point - in not too sure myself on this one, be good to see what the answer is to this! @Tim_OVO or @Lucy_OVO
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hello all,

Thanks!

Hi @Dutchy

When we fit those smart meters, your online My OVO page and app won't have access to the usage history from your old meters. Instead (as long as those smart meters send us your readings every half an hour) the new, detailed usage graphs will populate every day from the meter fitting date. It's a much improved display, so using your old usage data wouldn't fit with the new format. Instead, you can use your statements to compare pre/post smart meter usage.

@Mattj3135 - now you know! ;)

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Just to add to this, @Dutchy I've changed the title and added a few more tags, as I won't to make it as easy as possible for other users with the same query to find this topic.

Hope that's OK,
Tim
Thanks Tim for clarifying (and the title and tags are fine with me)

It's a real shame though that the historic data isn't available anymore. Maybe I'm not like others, but I'm not really interested in detailed information, and I don't use the screen connected to the smart meter.

I just got fed up submitting meter reading every month! :)

What I AM interested in is our long-term useage, and the longer we are in our current house, the more interesting this could get. I could indeed in theory go back and use my own statistics using old statements, but that's just a bit too much work as far as I'm concerned...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thanks Tim for clarifying (and the title and tags are fine with me)

It's a real shame though that the historic data isn't available anymore. Maybe I'm not like others, but I'm not really interested in detailed information, and I don't use the screen connected to the smart meter.

I just got fed up submitting meter reading every month! :)

What I AM interested in is our long-term useage, and the longer we are in our current house, the more interesting this could get. I could indeed in theory go back and use my own statistics using old statements, but that's just a bit too much work as far as I'm concerned...

We agree that it would be handy for customers to have visibility over this @Dutchy. I imagine it’s to do with the setup of our systems but I’ll make sure I pass your thoughts on.

Interesting in a good way we hope? It’s always nice to hear how energy savvy our customers are!

Lucy
From the Usage link at https://paym.ovoenergy.com/usage

The Select Comparison options used to offer an option re other similar properties or similar

It now just offers options covering various timescales e.g. 1/2/3/4 months previous if on the Month tab (1/2/3/4 years previous if on the year tab)

It was useful to see comparisons to other similar properties, even if that did not (could not) take account of whether energy saving features such as double glazing, insulation etc were relevant to compared properties.

Is this still available somehow?

If not, why was it removed?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Cathy Pollitt,

I've moved your post onto this topic about a similar issue. Does this apply in your case? Have you had a smart meter exchange?

Thanks
@Nancy_OVO
Not entirely
Yes, I now have smart meters
No, I cannot see the comparisons I used to be able to see a comparison to other similar properties or similar on the Select Comparison options

That's no longer present

I can see my own usage compared to the past (subject to com limitations), but that doesn't tell me how my house is doing compared to others that are similar
I am 90 and this is all double dutch to me.
Would someone kindly explain!
Userlevel 6
Badge
@Cathy Pollitt,

If you had traditional meters previously, the comparison offered on the usage graph would have been to other properties of the same size.

Once you have smart meters fitted, your usage graph will change so you can see your own year on year usage, which will be a better comparison as it's calculated from your smart readings.

Hope this helps.

Ps - @Douglas Banks do you need some help with the same issue?