Solved

Trying to call OVO and I've asked for a call back - how long will I have to wait?

• 20 September 2017
  • 6 replies

I have just received an email from OVO informing me that fitters are in my area and would like install a Smart Meter in my property.
I am in Cyprus at the moment and won't be back to the uk for sometime, but would like a meter fitted.
Tried to call OVO to make arrangements for someone to meet your fitters at the house, put on a waiting a queue for quite sometime. Then told if I wish to leave a number OVO would call me back, saving my place in the queue. It must be quite a long queue, still waiting.
Please help.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 September 2017, 17:49

I have just received an email from OVO informing me that fitters are in my area and would like install a Smart Meter in my property.
I am in Cyprus at the moment and won't be back to the uk for sometime, but would like a meter fitted.
Tried to call OVO to make arrangements for someone to meet your fitters at the house, put on a waiting a queue for quite sometime. Then told if I wish to leave a number OVO would call me back, saving my place in the queue. It must be quite a long queue, still waiting.
Please help.

Hi @Cyprus

It sounds like our phone lines were busy when you last tried to call! The call queue can vary a lot, so it's difficult to say when a call back can be made at any given time. That call back feature will ensure when you get to the front of the queue, a call is automatically made to you, so it's your best best if you don't fancy head bobbing to our hold music.

Managed to get this smart meter exchange booked in yet?

Tim
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Please help.

Hi @Cyprus

It sounds like our phone lines were busy when you last tried to call! The call queue can vary a lot, so it's difficult to say when a call back can be made at any given time. That call back feature will ensure when you get to the front of the queue, a call is automatically made to you, so it's your best best if you don't fancy head bobbing to our hold music.

Managed to get this smart meter exchange booked in yet?

Tim
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Alot of contact centres can't call overseas. I'd bet money they tried to call you and the phone system wouldn't allow it...

Just try again, OVO usually pick up within a few minutes...
HI, I was suppose yo call boo back once I got home as I need an emergency engineer to replace my meter. I have just got home and now phone lines are closed. What do I do. I have no gas at all and no way to c9ntact them????
How do I speak to some one over the phone to discuss a payment?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@Jasmineb94

Call 0330 303 5063 and you should be able to discuss payments 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
HI, I was suppose yo call boo back once I got home as I need an emergency engineer to replace my meter. I have just got home and now phone lines are closed. What do I do. I have no gas at all and no way to c9ntact them????

I hope this is sorted by now, @Jess1000 ? Our lines are open from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday: 0330 303 5063

We do have a social media team in over the weekends, and of course there's our 24/7 forum!