Solved

Spinning OVO logo, why cant I login into the app or website?

• 31 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Why can I not login into the app or website. On the app it says problem with connection and the website has a spinning ovo logo. I cant view my statements or submit meter readings. Downloaded the app again and still no good. Interestingly I have had 2 credits back, the 2nd 1 last month. Since then I have had no access or emails.
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 1 August 2019, 12:41

Hi @877macca

Ok, It could be three things.

1: An issue with your account
2: An issue on OVO end
3: An issue with the device you are using to access your account. Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Best way to see if it is number 3 is by opening a private browsing window which you can do so by pressing the three dots and incognito. Or if you are viewing via a desktop or laptop, you can press Ctrl Shift N if using Google Chrome.

If you are successful accessing your account by following the steps above. This will indicate you will need to delete your cookies from your machine.

Look forward to hearing how you got on.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @877macca

Ok, It could be three things.

1: An issue with your account
2: An issue on OVO end
3: An issue with the device you are using to access your account. Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Best way to see if it is number 3 is by opening a private browsing window which you can do so by pressing the three dots and incognito. Or if you are viewing via a desktop or laptop, you can press Ctrl Shift N if using Google Chrome.

If you are successful accessing your account by following the steps above. This will indicate you will need to delete your cookies from your machine.

Look forward to hearing how you got on.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Perfect answer, @ITGeek123, thanks for stepping in.

Welcome to the forum, @877macca, the above as thorough as an answer I would give. I've tweaked the title to help other users find this post.
Step 3 doesn't work.

Tried my android phone, then my Ipad and also my dell laptop.
Userlevel 5
What do you mean, @877macca? What happens when you clear your cookies and data?
I get the same screens when I clear them.
Userlevel 5
We'd be happy to look into this, @877macca, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number.

if you don't use either of these, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.
I have already sent these details last week on twitter.

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Our team will be in the best position to help there, @877macca, it may be an issue that our tech team will need to address, the team will raise this to them.

Thanks!