Solved

OVO app - I can't log in - can you help?

• 27 March 2017
  • 7 replies

I was excited to hear about OVO Energy, and quickly migrated my supply across. Aside from the ethical angle, was excited to be able to manage account via web and app - especially after such a bad experience with other suppliers. However, having downloaded the app (iOS) and logged in - all i get is 'We're getting your onboarding status' and the wheel of doom. I'm now with Ovo, and still get this - so cant use it to enter my metre readings which I'm told they need. Have uninstalled, reinstalled - get the same thing. Help!!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 March 2017, 15:36

I was excited to hear about OVO Energy, and quickly migrated my supply across. Aside from the ethical angle, was excited to be able to manage account via web and app - especially after such a bad experience with other suppliers. However, having downloaded the app (iOS) and logged in - all i get is 'We're getting your onboarding status' and the wheel of doom. I'm now with Ovo, and still get this - so cant use it to enter my metre readings which I'm told they need. Have uninstalled, reinstalled - get the same thing. Help!!

Hi Farley,

It’s good to see you getting involved in the Forum. There’s a few possibilities as to why this is happening, and it depends on your payment method.

If you’re a Pay as you go customer, you’ll need smart meters fitted to be able to use our app. More info (and a link to the booking platform here.

If you’re a Pay monthly customer, we’ll need to have your opening meter readings checked over before your account is fully up and running. This will take no more then 6 weeks from your supply start date, and this process is covered in more detail here.

Tim
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Farley,

It’s good to see you getting involved in the Forum. There’s a few possibilities as to why this is happening, and it depends on your payment method.

If you’re a Pay as you go customer, you’ll need smart meters fitted to be able to use our app. More info (and a link to the booking platform here.

If you’re a Pay monthly customer, we’ll need to have your opening meter readings checked over before your account is fully up and running. This will take no more then 6 weeks from your supply start date, and this process is covered in more detail here.

Tim
I'm having the same problem. I have PAYG+ (so have a SMART meter) and I just get the spinney wheel of doom on the iphone app saying ''We're getting your onboarding status'. How do I fix this?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I'm having the same problem. I have PAYG+ (so have a SMART meter) and I just get the spinney wheel of doom on the iphone app saying ''We're getting your onboarding status'. How do I fix this?

Hi @discursively thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having issues using the app.

The first step is to check out this handy info and checklist to getting the app running: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payg/smart-payg/why-wont-the-ovo-energy-app-work-for-me.html

If you've gone through this and still aren't able to use the app please contact the OVO customer care team, if contacting them using an online platform please include your full name, address, OVO account number & details of the issues you're experiencing.

Hope the above helps and you're able to use the app soon, please let us know how you get on!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This sounds like a delay in updating your account with your smart meter details. For the moment, please use those email notifications to know when to top up, and use that PAYG+ card at a PayPoint near you.

I'll PM you to get some details so this can be double checked.

Thanks,
Tim
Also a new customer and really unimpressed thus far. Have come from BG who had a fully functioning bonefide app. OVO most certainly do not. I open the app, it redirects me to the website where the first popup tells me to download the app and all the amazing functionality that untaps! If your app is broken and needs work, admit it and stop with the whole "we think the link operates better" smokescreen. It doesnt wash!! Despite having submitted my opening meter readings, and receiving an email telling me joyfully that "OVO are now supplying my energy", every single option is greyed out!!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Sorry you’re having trouble with this @Mtowno. There are two different scenarios here.

If you’re a Pay as you go customer, I’m afraid this is an error that we’re aware of and that we’re working hard to fix. You’ll need to top up at your local Pay Point in the meantime and if you’d rather, you can switch to smart PAYG standard.

If you’re a Pay monthly customer, this won’t update until we’ve received your opening readings back. The timeframe for this is 4-6 weeks.

Hope this helps a bit!

Lucy
Can we record pays with https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings