Solved

No link or information on Ovo HomePlan in MyOvo

• 17 September 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
There is information on Ovo Homecare on https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-home-plan, but when I click on ‘Sign me up’ this takes me into my online account and I can see no information about the Boiler and emergency cover.

Further down the same page there is a reference to the ‘your Offers and Upgrades page in My OVO’ but I cannot find such a page in my online account. I also have the app installed on my phone and cannot see any reference to this offer there either.
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 17 September 2019, 14:09

Hey @Bonzo Kelly I've just checked my account and I see the OVO HomePlan in Offers and Upgrades. When I click on "Claim my offer" it takes me to the plan page, showing 3 levels of cover which I can choose from. Are you seeing this page??

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey @Bonzo Kelly I've just checked my account and I see the OVO HomePlan in Offers and Upgrades. When I click on "Claim my offer" it takes me to the plan page, showing 3 levels of cover which I can choose from. Are you seeing this page??

Userlevel 1
Where is 'Offers and Upgrades' supposed to be? In my account, when I login the menu options at the top are Home, Usage, Charges, Payment, Plan and Account. Nothing else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
When you login to your account on a desktop, the menu is displayed on the left hand side and from here, you can see offers and upgrades @Bonzo Kelly .

Userlevel 1
When I login on a desktop, I get a menu at the top and no left-hand menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Ah @Bonzo Kelly you must be on our new Smart Meter Experience. That makes sense now, as in my version it's definitely there!!

Let me check when this will be available in your version and come back to you.

Darran
Userlevel 1
Yes, I have a smart meter and when I log in there is a banner at the top: This is a new online experience – find out more and give us feedback.

I will await your reply before giving the feedback. I am surprised that the available options have been reduced.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Bonzo Kelly Good news, this should be going live in your version of your online account today, so check this afternoon and you should be able to sign up!

The newer version of the online account has reduced functionality at the moment as we are still building some of the components and working out what's useful to customers. More functionality will be released over the coming months.
Userlevel 1
Nothing there today.

I managed to find a contact number for Ovo Homeplan and after giving them my details was told that my boiler is not eligible, as it is more than 15 years old. It is a non-condensing boiler with a cast-iron heat exchanger, with an efficiency rating only slightly below that of condensing boilers. It has been quite reliable, and lasted far longer than many condensing boilers, so I do not intend to replace it until I need to. Fortunately I have now found an alternative provider, which offers cover at an acceptable price irrespective of a boiler's age.
Userlevel 5
Badge
That's a shame to hear, @Bonzo Kelly, please keep us in mind in the future.