Solved

No gas usage graph for 2017 - where has this gone?

For Gas, my "Usage in 2017" histogram shows a flat line for most of the year indicating that no gas has been used. The electricity histogram is fine. Is it possible to restore the Gas histogram?
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 22 October 2018, 21:39

Good spot @Phil_H! Let's hope the same data doesn't feed into the Direct Debit review calculation otherwise you chaps are going to need to re-mortgage!

These both sound like technical issues on a traditional meter (non-smart) usage graph. We can get this raised to our Tech team to look into if you send a message to the team on Facebook of Twitter with your account number, full name and Do or, email them at hello@ovoenergy.com.

Just as a side note, OVO are currently slowly porting smart users over their new online experience, with a view that eventually everyone will be on the new system. This uses a different graph, so hopefully this bug isn't present any more.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @peterlockyer!

I've edited your title slightly and added some tags to this post so other users can find it if they need it.

Some of the gas usage seems to be missing from the 2017 graph - was your gas supply definitely with us during this time? Dig you have a meter exchange at any point? This could cause the data to be removed.

Nancy
Thanks for your comments, Nancy. I've had both fuels from OVO for at least 5 years. I had a new meter in 2014 but this is long before the missing graph. Have you any other ideas? Peter.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @peterlockyer - can you post a screenshot showing the gas usage graph and where the history stops?
Hello Nancy. Here is the Gas graph of when I compare my current usage to the Usage in 2017. Hope this helps. Peter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hello

I have a similar issue but for 2014, I reported it at the time but it never got fixed. Its not that the information is missing, but, if you look closely the kW scale is completely wrong. Its displaying in units around 100,000 kW rather than 100-1000 KW. Your results will be there but on this scale will be so low as to look like 0. If you hover the cursor over the month it will display the actual amount of gas used.

Its a problem with the data/OVO's graph. You can see that for some reason it estimates that you will use around 110,000 kW in November 2017 which is forcing the scale to display in correctly.

In my case I had a similar erroneous reading for January 2014 which resulted in the whole years graph displaying incorrectly.

I hope this helps but as mentioned above the problem with my graph never did get fixed.
Thanks, Phil. I hadn't noticed the scale. It's good to know the reason for the problem. As they are estimating that I will be using over 1 million kWh in November perhaps it's going to be a very, very, very cold winter! Peter.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Good spot @Phil_H! Let's hope the same data doesn't feed into the Direct Debit review calculation otherwise you chaps are going to need to re-mortgage!

These both sound like technical issues on a traditional meter (non-smart) usage graph. We can get this raised to our Tech team to look into if you send a message to the team on Facebook of Twitter with your account number, full name and Do or, email them at hello@ovoenergy.com.

Just as a side note, OVO are currently slowly porting smart users over their new online experience, with a view that eventually everyone will be on the new system. This uses a different graph, so hopefully this bug isn't present any more.
Hello Nancy. I'm afraid I don't belong to Facebook or Twitter. Is there an e-mail I can contact? Peter.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Of course - you can email the team at hello@ovoenergy.com @peterlockyer.

Lucy