Solved

My OVO only showing out of date 'onboarding' switch progress when I try and log in - why?

Just joined OVO last month & set up DD Had email to say statement was available to view in MY OVO but cannot get beyond seeing progress of my switch ( supply duw to start on 15th May & Dd taken from bank account OK Help Please - am I doing something wrong?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 15 June 2017, 19:58

Don't worry - it doesn't sound like you’re doing anything wrong @kathy26.

If you've got an email to advise about an available statement, but you're still seeing this 'onboarding' progress page on My OVO, it tells me that either your electricity or gas switch has been completed, and the other hasn't. We might be waiting to confirm the opening meter readings for the 'unbilled' supply, which would explain the display on My OVO. This can take up to 6 weeks from your supply start date to get sent to us. If it's been longer, there might be a holdup, or a system issue that needs looking into.

Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to check. For anyone else, here's a bit of info on this opening meter reading process: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/whats-the-delay-with-my-opening-or-closing-readings.html.

Just to add, I've moved this topic to the Pay monthly forum, tweaked the title and added some tags so other users with the same query can see the advice given.

Cheers,
Lucy
View original

40 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Don't worry - it doesn't sound like you’re doing anything wrong @kathy26.

If you've got an email to advise about an available statement, but you're still seeing this 'onboarding' progress page on My OVO, it tells me that either your electricity or gas switch has been completed, and the other hasn't. We might be waiting to confirm the opening meter readings for the 'unbilled' supply, which would explain the display on My OVO. This can take up to 6 weeks from your supply start date to get sent to us. If it's been longer, there might be a holdup, or a system issue that needs looking into.

Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to check. For anyone else, here's a bit of info on this opening meter reading process: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/whats-the-delay-with-my-opening-or-closing-readings.html.

Just to add, I've moved this topic to the Pay monthly forum, tweaked the title and added some tags so other users with the same query can see the advice given.

Cheers,
Lucy
WHY CAN I NOT GET MY ACCOUNT DETAILS ON MY COMPUTER
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @davidbillimore welcome to the forum and thanks for posting

Please could I ask you to elaborate further on this so we can assist you further?

Many thanks

Please could I ask you to elaborate further on this so we can assist you further?

Many thanks

I open my ovo it goes to the very first message about opening my account i cannot see my bills or read any information. when i'm sent emails i cannot open them they just go to first email page as i've already said iv been told that it are looking into this. its 10 months since i started with ovo
David
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I open my ovo it goes to the very first message about opening my account i cannot see my bills or read any information. when i'm sent emails i cannot open them they just go to first email page as i've already said iv been told that it are looking into this. its 10 months since i started with ovo
David

Hi @davidbillimore

Thanks for posting back, The best bet is to reach out the OVO customer care team to establish what's what. If you prefer you can private message one of the moderators - @Emma_OVO @Emily_OVO @Tim_OVO @Max_OVO @Lucy_OVO with your date of birth, name, address & OVO account number they can check this out for you and advise on how this can be fixed.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Many thanks

By the sounds of it @davidbillimore you’re My OVO account hasn’t been fully setup yet. Normally, this is up and running 4-6 weeks after coming on supply (once you’ve received your first statement). As you’ve mentioned it's been over 10 months for you now, I’ve sent you a private message to offer further help with this.

Lucy
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hope this was all sorted @davidbillimore :?

Just a quick on on this, I've noticed this issue is descried in an older topic, so I've moved the conversation over to it so it's all in the same place.

Tim
I'm trying to log into my Ovo account to submit meter readings. I use both Internet browser and Android app. But when I log in with my OVO ID it just shows me that the switch on OVO will be completed on 14th of Jan. I don't know why is happening that cause I was able to access my account till last month. When I called last month, I was told that everything was fine but it's not. ID is correct, password is correct. Cause about 1-2 weeks ago I was able to use the app to log in and make some payment changes. Well, not working, again. I really need to get this fixed.

Thank you.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I'm trying to log into my Ovo account to submit meter readings. I use both Internet browser and Android app. But when I log in with my OVO ID it just shows me that the switch on OVO will be completed on 14th of Jan. I don't know why is happening that cause I was able to access my account till last month. When I called last month, I was told that everything was fine but it's not. ID is correct, password is correct. Cause about 1-2 weeks ago I was able to use the app to log in and make some payment changes. Well, not working, again. I really need to get this fixed.

Thank you.

I don't blame you for wanting this sorted, @Crystal1296

There's already a topic on this issue, so I've moved your comment over to it to keep them all together. Check out the 'best answer' for this, as I recon it's relevant in your case. I'll PM you now in case you want this checked.

Tim
Hi,
My switch to OVO was complete on 20th June, and since then we have been paying by direct debit monthly. However, I haven't yet been able to submit a new meter reading now we have transferred. Whenever I go onto my account it's as though 20th June hasn't yet happened as it states on the homepage to my account - 'We will start supplying your electricity on 20 June. After that date, your old supplier will no longer charge you for your energy use'.
I have read it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get your first bill, but we're already paying monthly, and I would have expected that you could submit meter readings as soon as the switch had occurred?

Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi,
My switch to OVO was complete on 20th June, and since then we have been paying by direct debit monthly. However, I haven't yet been able to submit a new meter reading now we have transferred. Whenever I go onto my account it's as though 20th June hasn't yet happened as it states on the homepage to my account - 'We will start supplying your electricity on 20 June. After that date, your old supplier will no longer charge you for your energy use'.
I have read it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get your first bill, but we're already paying monthly, and I would have expected that you could submit meter readings as soon as the switch had occurred?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Welcome to the OVO forum, I hope you enjoy your experience with us at the OVO Family.

Given what you've said i can only speculate that the national database is updating itself as this can take some time or may require manual intervention.

Have you reached out to the ovo customer care team for assistance with this yet?

Best wishes
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Mattj3135- very close! It’s likely to be due to a delay in your opening readings being sent to us by the third party.

@Almerrick- what you’ve read is right. It normally takes 4-6 weeks for us to receive your opening meter readings (we’ve also got a handy link on the switching process here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/how-does-the-switching-process-work.html).

As it’s now passed this threshold though, I’d like to look into this further so I can see what the hold up is. Can you drop me a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number so I can look into this for you?

Don’t forget to add tags to your topics as it makes it easier for other users to find! 🙂 I hope you don't mind but we’ve also moved your topic onto this thread so other users can get involved and comment.

Lucy
Hi

Ever since I joined OVO about 9 months ago, my My OVO account hasn't worked. Ever since it showed "Welcome to OVO, We’re already supplying your energy".

This didn't bother me because I used the app to submit my readings and download the statements, however ever since they decided to scrap the app and they only have the online services (why would somebody do that?!?)... I can't access anything about my account and can't submit my readings.

When I log in to My OVO, all the menu items under "Energy" are inactive. (see picture attached)

I have been in touch with OVO months ago and customer service promised that they will sort it out but nothing happened since.

Anybody had the same issue?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Hi @Almerrick

It sounds like you've been effected by the same issue as @kathy26 - any advice Kathy?

Tim
I’ve just joined Ovo and I’ve had an email saying that they are now supplying my energy. I want to change my direct debit details yet most of the app is greyed out and it says my direct debit details will be confirmed on 3rd November. Yesterday it said they would be confirmed on the 2nd and the day before it said they’d be confirmed on the 1st. Can anyone let me know what is going on and when I can change my account?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi Vix,

I had a similar issue with the app when I first joined OVO.
I gave them a call and they told me that they were waiting for the previous supplier to confirm the meter readings. This took a couple of weeks after my supply switched and then the app started to work normally.

Matthew
I joined OVO last November... no problems logging into MY OVO... Until we had an update late May... my account has been stuck in onboarding screen ever since... I have called 5 times to ask for it to be fixed... they pass my details onto tech team as urgent.... its now the middle of November and I’m still stuck in onboarding screen... help....
Hi,
I can’t see anything on my account, it says the switch is on hold. I contacted the customer service a couple of times, they said everything is fine with the account and this is due to an IT issue. It’s been more than 3 months now and still showing the same message. Can you please have a quick look?
Many thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I joined OVO last November... no problems logging into MY OVO... Until we had an update late May... my account has been stuck in onboarding screen ever since... help

Still not sorted, @KarlT2016?

Computer or system issues can be tricky to diagnose. Get in touch with the Social team via Twitter or Facebook to get an update on this.

Tim
Hi,

Hi, I set up this account in late August. I still haven't received a bill and am still unable to enter meter readings or access my profile or anything else. I'm not even sure what my account number is though it may be just me not being able to see it! my account it says that "We are setting up your account so you’ll have full access to My OVO soon. In the meantime, we’ll continue to supply your property, so you’ll always have energy as normal." It's now mid December. Surely it shouldn't take nearly four months? Would be grateful if anybody could shed some light on this please!

Thanks
Hi,
I still can’t access my account. Do you have any update. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Morgan Might be best for us lot here at OVO to take a look at this. Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to help.

Tim
Despite switching to dual fuel and having smart meter fitted the electric still shows switch in progress in my ovo ,it has been 2 months and electric still appears inactive despite phone call saying it is with ovo
I have a similar problem. We had a smart meter installed about 2 weeks ago and are also dual fuel.

We have just received the first statement after the smart meter and it only mentions gas. There is no mention of electricity at all
3 Months later and no communication from OVO. Still haven't been able to give meter readings through the website or app, worried I will lose online only bonus.
No communication from anyone when raising support tickets. Forum is last hope... Don't want to be hit with a huge bill.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings