Solved

My OVO error message when I try and submit my opening meter readings - why?

• 21 June 2017
  • 9 replies

Hi, I have tried several times over last few days to input my opening electricity meter reading, but keep getting message in red......"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later."
Reading has to be submitted by 26th June, to qualify for online discount ?
Please advise how to sort this issue
Many thanks,
Mike Rose
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 22 June 2017, 16:56

Hi, I have tried several times over last few days to input my opening electricity meter reading, but keep getting message in red......"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later."
Many thanks,
Mike Rose

Sorry to hear about this, @Rosey51

I've not come across that error message before and I'd like to have a go at submitting these readings myself. I'll send you a PM now - I'll needs the readings and your account number, name and DoB. For the record, you'll need to submit your meter readings within the 5-day window, which is either side of your supply start date: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/meters-and-meter-readings/why-are-opening-meter-readings-so-important.html.

Just to add, I've edited this topic title and added some tags, making it easier for others to find.

Tim
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Many thanks,
Mike Rose

Hi @Rosey51 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you're experiencing trying to submit a meter reading.

Have you reached out to the OVO customer care team? If not they'll be able to process the reading to ensure you get the online discount and see if they can establish why it doesn't load when you input the readings.

The best bet is to reach out the OVO customer care team to establish what's what. If you prefer you can private message one of the moderators - @Emma_OVO @Emily_OVO @Tim_OVO @Max_OVO @Lucy_OVO with your date of birth, name, address & OVO account number they can check this out for you.

Hope this helps
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Many thanks,
Mike Rose

Sorry to hear about this, @Rosey51

I've not come across that error message before and I'd like to have a go at submitting these readings myself. I'll send you a PM now - I'll needs the readings and your account number, name and DoB. For the record, you'll need to submit your meter readings within the 5-day window, which is either side of your supply start date: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/meters-and-meter-readings/why-are-opening-meter-readings-so-important.html.

Just to add, I've edited this topic title and added some tags, making it easier for others to find.

Tim
Hi, I have tried several times since yesterday to input my opening electricity meter reading, but keep getting message in red......"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later." It has taken my gas readings fine and first time of inputting but just won't take my electricity ones. OVO are due to start supplying my fuel from tomorrow.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Many thanks,
Hazel
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi, I have tried several times since yesterday to input my opening electricity meter reading, but keep getting message in red......"Sending your reading is taking longer than it should. Please try again later." It has taken my gas readings fine and first time of inputting but just won't take my electricity ones. OVO are due to start supplying my fuel from tomorrow.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Many thanks,
Hazel

Hi @Hazeyl30 - thanks for posting!

@Rosey51 had this same issue, so you aren't alone. I've added your query to the topic Rosey raised so it's all in the same place. I'll also PM you to check if I can submit this reading at my end. We've still got 4 days of the opening meter reading window left!

Tim
I also have the same problem. How can I enter my readings for my switch?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Oh no, that's not good to hear @Cm2649. As Tim advised @Rosey51, I'll send you a PM now so I can help further. :)

Lucy
So, I finally get around to submitting my meter readings as a new customer and the first time I attempt to do this the my OVO portal is broken. Internal Server Error. Anyone else having login problems?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
So, I finally get around to submitting my meter readings as a new customer and the first time I attempt to do this the my OVO portal is broken. Internal Server Error. Anyone else having login problems?

Hey spooks1982,

I’ve moved your topic on to here - hope you find your answer!

Lucy
There is an issue arise in meter reading apps which not work to the window. There are many reasons to stop the window working. You can find the reason if window show error message like https://babasupport.org/windows/windows-error-0x8024200b/, show window run issue or installation trouble

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings