Solved

My hourly data has disappeared on My OVO - why?

• 27 December 2017
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
My hourly data no longer appears on My Ovo "Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now. Please check back again soon"
All other data is there and the meter connects up every night. Do you have any idea why this has disappeared?

I can't even scroll back and view the history from when it was there.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 28 December 2017, 16:19

My hourly data no longer appears on My Ovo "Sorry, there is no data available for this period right now. Please check back again soon"
All other data is there and the meter connects up every night. Do you have any idea why this has disappeared?

Hey Paul,

It might be because the smart meter lost signal during this time but it’s probably worth getting the Social Team to look into this. Please feel free to send them a PM on either Facebook or Twitter so that they can help further with your query.

Thanks,
Lucy
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey Paul,

It might be because the smart meter lost signal during this time but it’s probably worth getting the Social Team to look into this. Please feel free to send them a PM on either Facebook or Twitter so that they can help further with your query.

Thanks,
Lucy
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks Lucy. Hourly data reappeared this morning, though just showing yesterday - all the history has gone.

I'll keep an eye on it going forward, but I don't think it was a signal issue as the previous days totals were always shown.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Glad to hear that it’s back, Paul. If all your previous usage history is no longer there, I would encourage you to contact our team so that they can look into this for you. It would be handy for them to know why this happened and for them to see if they can retrieve this for you. :)

Lucy
I'm missing some hourly data as well. Sometimes the daily figures don't show up on the website or app until the day after the next day - ie Sunday's data becomes available on the Tuesday. Also missing data for a period of three or fours days, Christmas weekend specifically. Can't tell for sure at the moment as can't access my account either on the web or app.
I'm missing some hourly data as well. Sometimes the daily figures don't show up on the website or app until the day after the next day - ie Sunday's data becomes available on the Tuesday. Also missing data for a period of three or fours days, Christmas weekend specifically. Can't tell for sure at the moment as can't access my account either on the web or app.

managed to log in - the days with hourly data missing are Dec 20-26
Userlevel 2
Badge
I had exactly the same days missing. They had all the data and were able to update my account after I messaged them. There seems to be other account problems today so haven’t been able to confirm yet.
I'm having the same problem, random dates missing from the gas data, that re-appear days later. Unfortunately this happened when the last bill was produced, giving an estimated bill. I was told it was an issue with the mobile signal being 'weak' in the area. But this has only been happening for Nov/Dec.
At the moment there is no gas data showing for the 28th Dec onwards, which I'm guessing will be back at some point. This must be an issue from Ovo's end if the data magically re-appears?
I have an appointment for a booster ariel to be fitted, but no point if the issue isn't my end!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Were you able to get some more information from the social guys @Paul?

@Gardenerflo if @Paul has had the same issues, I'd suggest contacting the Customer Care team as they'll be able to look into account specifics to determine what the error may be.

Lucy
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Lucy_OVO Yes, was sorted - I had a week of hourly data missing and the social team were able to update My Ovo with the missing data.

It seems to be different from @Gardenerflo as my meter was still communicating with the Ovo servers and I could still see daily data - just the hourly part missing.

My understanding of how smart meters work is that the electricity meter is the one with the SIM that communicates with Ovo, and the gas meter wirelessly passes the data to the electric meter. So if the electric data is there and the gas is missing it would suggest a problem with the wireless connection between the two meters. @Gardenerflo does the data appear on your IHD as I think this uses the same communication protocol?
Thanks for the info @Paul Yes I believe that’s exactly how it works, gas meter sends signal to electric meter, which sends half hourly readings to Ovo
The problem with mine is a delay in the data being populated. I can now see the 28th Dec to 2nd Jan, so Ovo must be receiving the signal. I just don’t understand why there is a delay in the data.

I gave up on the IHD though as I have the Pipit 500 and the screen is really poor. The data is sketchy on the IHD and the ap/desktop site, but if I wait a few days the data appears. Therefore Ovo must be receiving the communication from my meters.
@Lucy_OVO I have contacted customer care and after 15 or so emails with the same questions asked by different people, with no technical knowledge, I gave up on that and turned to the forum and other users instead.....Also the emails sent back from Ovo don’t keep the original email chain, hence the same questions being asked by Ovo staff.
It would be really handy if Ovo actually had a technical line, and were much more open to explaining how the technology works.
Just to add - The half-hourly data doesn’t show anymore. I get the message ‘sorry, there is no data available for this period right now, please check back again soon’.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Just to add - The half-hourly data doesn’t show anymore. I get the message ‘sorry, there is no data available for this period right now, please check back again soon’.

It’s really hard to say what’s causing this delay without look into your account @Gardenerflo. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not had much luck when you’ve emailed us but if your send the Social guys a private message on Facebook or Twitter (with your name, DoB and OVO account number) then they’ll be able to look into this fully for you.

There will also be a conversation thread so any responses you get from the team, and any messages you send, will all be in one place.

Lucy
Having problems with my meter not displaying gas usage, current or historical. It was working fine up to a few days ago. Electricity consumption showing fine. Signal strength seems good. Have disconnected and restarted but to no avail, Any suggestions welcome
Userlevel 5
Badge
@chris256 - sounds like you're referring to your In Home Display, and there's potentially poor connection with your gas meter.

We're got a few questions you can answer to check this:

1) Where is your gas meter situated? E.g. outside in a box in the ground, inside under the stairs?
2) How far apart are the gas and electricity meters in feet? Are there any thick walls or metallic objects in the way?
3) Confirm the serial number - this is printed near the barcode on the meter and begins ‘G4P...’.
4) Press 0. Does the screen show the current time and date, or the word COMMISSION?
5) Is the word HAN in the corner of the screen flashing or solid?
6) Press 9. What's your current reading, which appears after the word ‘VOLUME’?

Cheers

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings