Solved

I'm not getting the meter reading reminders - why?

i have a smart electric meter. i still have to give gas meter readings have had the reminder set up for about 18 months but i does not work. have emailed ovo about 4 times phoned once same answer (technical department are looking into problem) they seem to be looking in the wrong place as it still not working.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 May 2018, 14:56

Hey @JaniceA

I'm afraid our meter reading reminders have not been sent since around the 8th April due to an issue. We're looking into what's causing this technical issue and are aiming to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Please bear with us!
View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
i have a smart electric meter. i still have to give gas meter readings have had the reminder set up for about 18 months but i does not work. have emailed ovo about 4 times phoned once same answer (technical department are looking into problem) they seem to be looking in the wrong place as it still not working.

Hi @eddy1965 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Given you've reached out to the customer care team already and unfortunately had no joy in resolving this, my advice would be to drop @Tim_OVO a private message (please include your full name, address, ovo account number and a brief summary of the issue) he will be able to get an update from the tech team and let you know directly what's what.

Hopefully this is sorted for you soon!
thanks. i have email tim it,s wait and see time. hopefully this can be sorted out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @eddy1965

Thanks for posting this topic - I've tweaked it here and there, and moved it to the Pay monthly forum. This is so that other users who have the same issue can find help or advise us.

This issue is related to the half and half set up you have. Smart electricity, not smart gas. It's not something our meter reading reminder parameters are set up for. Until this is updated I can't get those reminder emails to send.

Check out my PM for a workaround I've suggested relating to the billing date.

Thanks,
Tim
I used to receive monthly email reminders but have received nothing for the last 2 months (i.e. April and May). Is this deliberate?
Hey @JaniceA

I'm afraid our meter reading reminders have not been sent since around the 8th April due to an issue. We're looking into what's causing this technical issue and are aiming to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Please bear with us!
I have requested several times now to get reminders via email that meter readings are due. I am not receiving them. Seems to be a problem since my Gas meter was exchanged and a smart meter put in for electric. Don't know if the OVO system thinks the Gas is smart meter as well but it's not. It's really annoying and I keep being told it's been sorted. Anyone else having this problem?

Manda
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @smithy7uk - I've moved your post over to this topic where you should be able to find the info you need!
Am I due a meter reading request ?
not happy on estimating energy.
missed February window .
Feel like am going nowhere with this switch
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Paul Sprakes - not quite sure what you mean here? If you've set up meter reading requests via your online account, then you'd normally get an email a week before your bill is due. If you miss one month though, it's no biggie really. If you submit a read then next month, any estimations will be corrected.
Hi,
Don't understand why this topic is marked solved..... when I, and others it seems, are still experiencing the same problem.....
4 months on, and I am still reporting it, yet only receive platitudes, each from different helpers, and always with previous corrospondence deleted....

If the moderator sees this, perhaps you could unsolve it, by opening it, as this appears to be the only one that responds to the search?

I have again written in, and again tried to select reminder, and again to be told it's successful., again fully expect to be going through the same palaver next month IF I REMEMBER!

People have memory problems for many reasons, I wonder if the webmasters do, as they apparently fail to help us with this for more than a year?

Happy score now down from 10 for over a year, to 7.

Come on OVO techs...
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Fairfran,

This topic was marked as solved as the original question was referring to a technical issue at the time.

If you're not receiving meter reading reminders, I'd advise checking the following:

• Are they definitely activated on your account? You can check this on the 'readings' section of your online account.
  • Have you switched reminders off and then back on again?
  • Is you email address correct?
  • Have they been sent to a junk/spam folder rather than your main inbox?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've written in, selected reminder and it's been unsuccessful - can you provide a bit more detail so we can help?

Thanks
Hi Nancy,
Thanks for the suggestions, and yes, I have tried all you suggest.
When I say writing in, I mean emailing customer services since December!
The latest actual reply from another helpful OVO person, defies all logic!

"I have looked into this for you and can see that our technical team have investigated this for you. They advised that you are not receiving these reminders because you already submit your readings regularly. "

This is beyond belief... not only am I in my seventies, but I have a condition which foils my memory, so it does involve me setting reminders on my home phone etc... when OVO claim to send reminders to save me all that brain power!

Each and every email is answered by a different helper, and none of the previous correspondence is kept... so each tries, but doesn't really appreciate the frustration, nor all the things already suggested and tried - and failed.

This latest suggestion though, I hope you'll agree, blows all the rest out of the water!?

Cheers,
Frances
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Fairfran,

As I can't see the previous messages/emails you've sent it, I couldn't really comment on what's happened. I'm sorry you feel you've received unsatisfactory customer service.

We can look into this further for you if you send the team on Facebook a message with your account number, full name and DoB: m.me/ovoenergy

Thanks
Hi Nancy,
You may be trying to help... but to suggest I get involved with Facebook, when I don't use the damn thing, is laughable.
Please can't you ask customer services to just look me up, and do their job, and not keep erasing messages?
My email address is normally ore than sufficient for their purpose. DOB? crazy...
I may have held out too much hope committing this to a forum, but you can see by other gripes that I am not alone... shall I start half a dozen new threads to get more attention?
I give up.
Cheers,
Frances
Userlevel 6
Badge
It's a shame to hear you feel that way, @Fairfran.

If you'd rather speak directly to Customer Services, you can reach them on 0330 303 5063. To access your account details via whichever medium you use to contact us (phone, Facebook, forum), we'd need to ask for three pieces of data protection information in order to do this as a standard security check. Date of birth is one of them, but not essential if you don't want to provide it.

The Forum is a place where customers can share information and knowledge about OVO and the energy industry in general. While us moderators are here to jump in and help if needed, it's intended as a peer-to-peer support network.

Thanks