Solved

How do I see my actual meter readings on My OVO?

• 9 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Now I have a smart meter (which does not show me the meter readings for gas and electricity), can i obtain readings from my account online?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 November 2017, 16:28

Now I have a smart meter (which does not show me the meter readings for gas and electricity), can i obtain readings from my account online?

You're in luck, @rivershill!

You can view your meter readings on the actual meter by pressing 9 on the meter's keypad. This will be 6 for an Economy 7 smart meter.

To get them on My OVO, you can find them on the 'Meter readings' tab: http://ovoener.gy/myovo

If you have a SMETS2 meter, more information on how to take a reading here.

Tim

Updated on 12/07/2019
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Moved your comment over here @Rosiesno1 a the best answer on thie topics answers your query. :)

Lucy
I am a current user for about 3 years. I had a smart meter installed in December 2015. I am now moving to another supplier ( though I may well be back, I do like OVO - but their price was cheaper!) I am wondering how I now take manual readings? There is a new box within my old electricity meter cupboard, but it doesnt seem to have any figures on it that constitute readings. My old Gas box (outside) also seems to be 'dead' - ie no readings on it.

I have the 'In' house box, which shows up to date usage, but I dont see anywhere on it that gives figures that might be the equivalent of a 'reading' for either the gas or electricity.

Can you help please??
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi there, I had my (electricity only) smart meter installed yesterday. I live in a 2nd floor flat, but all the meters are located on the ground floor. Engineer tried to connect IHD, but said that it's too far and it can't get the signal therefore he took IHD with him.

My meter readings suppose to be sent to OVO every half an hour but how can I see them without the IHD? Nothing shows in my online account.

Hey waxswaxsmax

The IHD doesn't show meter readings anyway, so you haven't lost out on anything there. If you need to check your readings, you can do this by pressing button 9 on the meter itself.

As the Smart Meter is set up to send every 30 minutes, you shouldn't need to take a reading anytime soon. Once you get your first bill from OVO, you should be able to access your online account with your laptop or via our App.

Hope that helps.

Darran
Many thanks for help.

Rivershill
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You're in luck, @rivershill!

You can view your meter readings on the actual meter by pressing 9 on the meter's keypad. This will be 6 for an Economy 7 smart meter.

To get them on My OVO, you can find them on the 'Meter readings' tab: http://ovoener.gy/myovo

If you have a SMETS2 meter, more information on how to take a reading here.

Tim

Updated on 12/07/2019
Hi there, I had my (electricity only) smart meter installed yesterday. I live in a 2nd floor flat, but all the meters are located on the ground floor. Engineer tried to connect IHD, but said that it's too far and it can't get the signal therefore he took IHD with him.

My meter readings suppose to be sent to OVO every half an hour but how can I see them without the IHD? Nothing shows in my online account.
OK... there is a long thread on this here
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-ovo-23/smart-meter-live-usage-api-58/index1.html
I'll attach my questions to yours rather than start a new thread.

I am trying to understand my electric and gas usage in detail. That's the promise on which smart meters are promoted.

My little Pipit 500 is almost useless for this. It doesn't show meter readings at all. The graphs are difficult to read because the only y-axis value given is the maximum. And the history gets rolled up and lost: yesterday's hourly report has gone forever.
I would like two things:
- to be able to see current meter readings without going outside and reading the meter
- to be able to download a meter read history - hourly would be fine - so that I can do my own graphs and analyses.

Is there any way to do this?