Best answer by ferka
I can provide an update:
- There is NO way of doing this by yourself.
- You DO have the right to your data.
- To find out the above, one has to dredge through a load of legislation. No answers are automatically provided by companies such as OVO, nor easily accessible from the government.
- OVO told me that they only store 180 days of info on their servers due to storage restrictions. I find this to be an unconvincing reply as the data is not huge.
- OVO responded to my email within a month with two data files in PDF format (gas and electric, I've yet to try and extract the data). They both contain 2 years of data and are about 6 MB each.
- Store All the data. 6 MB per year per client per energy type is not a lot. It would also be smaller in raw data.
- Make the data available via automatic online request form. Reduce the friction.
All the best