Solved

How do I download a statement from My OVO/app?

• 10 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
When I go to the page entitled 'My Statements and Direct Debits' I am given the option to 'download' specific statements. What actually happens is that the relevant file is opened, which in my opinion is not downloading. Downloading is saving a file to my computer without opening it.

The term 'download' should be changed to 'view statement'. Perhaps a second option (i.e. a true download) could also be provided, so that the statement can be downloaded without having to view it.

Does anyone else feel the same?
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 12 April 2018, 18:36

@Bonzo Kelly

Hi Bonzo Kelly!

Hope you are having a lovely day today!

Good news is that is is possible to download your statements. Here’s some instructions on how to do it below;

Open up your My OVO app
Click the box labelled ‘my last statement’. This will give you a list of all your payments/bills.
On this page, click the drop down menu on the statement you want to download.
Click the green ‘download’ button. Once clicked, this opens up the statement you’ve selected.
To download this, click on the icon in bottom right hand corner (looks like box with arrow). You will then have the option to create PDF or ‘save to files’ on your phone.

Thanks!

If I can help in any other way, do feel free to get in touch!

All the best,

Bumblebee 🙂
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Bonzo Kelly

Hi Bonzo Kelly!

Hope you are having a lovely day today!

Good news is that is is possible to download your statements. Here’s some instructions on how to do it below;

Open up your My OVO app
Click the box labelled ‘my last statement’. This will give you a list of all your payments/bills.
On this page, click the drop down menu on the statement you want to download.
Click the green ‘download’ button. Once clicked, this opens up the statement you’ve selected.
To download this, click on the icon in bottom right hand corner (looks like box with arrow). You will then have the option to create PDF or ‘save to files’ on your phone.

Thanks!

If I can help in any other way, do feel free to get in touch!

All the best,

Bumblebee 🙂
Userlevel 3
When I go to the page entitled 'My Statements and Direct Debits' I am given the option to 'download' specific statements. What actually happens is that the relevant file is opened, which in my opinion is not downloading. Downloading is saving a file to my computer without opening it.

The term 'download' should be changed to 'view statement'. Perhaps a second option (i.e. a true download) could also be provided, so that the statement can be downloaded without having to view it.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes. Absolutely.

Download should mean download, because view means view.
Bumblebee whilst correct in stating the cumbersome method required to eventually download, does not answer the actual question.

The other issue I have is that the statement when downloaded is called "document.pdf" which is a stupid name, especially if you are wanting to look at more than one. To me the logical naming convention would be "yyyy mm dd OVO statement.pdf", because then the downloaded statements will all be sortable into date order for later viewing, and it is clear what they relate to. At present that is how I have to manually rename everything I download. If that is beyond the programmers, then "OVO statement nnnnnnnnn.pdf" where nnnnnnnnn is the Statement number.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Some good feedback here, @EverythingNeedsAUserName and we've passed this on!
Hello, how would I download recent latest statement or bill as a proof of address ?
Hey @cornel - just check out the 'best answer' at the top!