Solved

How can I log in online when I haven't given an email address?

• 15 August 2018
  • 5 replies

I recently moved into a new place and have been sent a letter addressed to myself saying im on a variable rate plan etc.
It provides me with an Ovo ID but to login I need an email address and I've never provided one.
There's no help on the OVO answers page and I've never had any correspondence with Ovo before today.
Any answers?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 16 August 2018, 11:00

Hey @tom1991 Firstly, Welcome to the OVO family!

Can I ask, how did you sign up to OVO? Was it over the phone or via the form online?

If it was online, I am positive you have to input an email address so OVO can create the account. Best thing to do is to go back into your emails and see if this is the case. Also try clicking on Reset password on the login portal. https://my.ovoenergy.com/login hopefully you should receive a password reset link, from here type in a new password and you should be able to login with the OVO ID provided.

I hope this makes sense. If not, I am happy to help.

Matt
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hey @tom1991 Firstly, Welcome to the OVO family!

Can I ask, how did you sign up to OVO? Was it over the phone or via the form online?

If it was online, I am positive you have to input an email address so OVO can create the account. Best thing to do is to go back into your emails and see if this is the case. Also try clicking on Reset password on the login portal. https://my.ovoenergy.com/login hopefully you should receive a password reset link, from here type in a new password and you should be able to login with the OVO ID provided.

I hope this makes sense. If not, I am happy to help.

Matt
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @tom1991 - you can use your customer ID to log in online rather than an email address, too!
So unfortunately I cant use my id to log in because i dont have a password and to get the password i need an email adress for it to be sent to.

Id never even heard of Ovo prior to getting the letter in the post and ive never even registered. My best thought is maybe the landlord provided my details but im unable to get hold of him at all

Thanks

Tom
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hmmm, sounds like we might need to have a deeper look into this @tom1991. Drop a message to the team on Facebook or Twitter with your address, post code, full name and DoB and they'll be able to find out what's gone on.

Nancy
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi @tom1991

If it is a rented property, is the agreement with all bills included? If so, you will need to speak with your landlord. If the rent does not include bills, this means you are responsible for your energy supplier. Best thing to do would be to give the OVO team a call. You have your ID so they should be able to assist you with this issue.