Solved

Energy Breakdown - how long after a smart meter installation does it take to appear on My OVO?

• 10 November 2017
  • 10 replies

I had my smart meter fitted on 27/10/2017. I have paired my IHD to my wifi so I can see my live usage on My OVO. But I want to be able to track which appliances are using what. When I booked my smart meter installation I opted for half-hourly reads, so I'm just wondering when I will be able to see this.
icon

Best answer by stateofit 12 November 2017, 10:10

Mine took about 3 - 4 months. It works on usage over time pattern recognition, so it needs a while...
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Mine took about 3 - 4 months. It works on usage over time pattern recognition, so it needs a while...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Does anyone know if this function requires the new IHD (connected to WiFi which gives OVO real-time updates) to work, or if the 30 min update interval from the smart electricity meter is enough?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Does anyone know if this function requires the new IHD (connected to WiFi which gives OVO real-time updates) to work, or if the 30 min update interval from the smart electricity meter is enough?

Your meters sending us their readings every half an hour will be enough, @Mw2870

Word on the street is it takes 4-5 months for My OVO to have the data needed for the Energy Breakdown.

Tim
Userlevel 2
Badge
Mine appeared after about six weeks - a questionnaire popped up about the house and appliances to make it more accurate, and then the detailed usage disappeared and I haven't seen it since (install was end of October).
I had smart meters installed about 6-8 weeks ago but I can't see my usage breakdown in MyOVO.

From reading other posts here, there seems to be different dashboard available for smart meter customers, but I only see the basic dashboard showing monthly actual / estimated graphs that I could see prior to my smart meters being installed.

Is this just part of the transition to a smart meter and still some account changes required? If so, how long does it usually take to be able to see usage data in MyOVO after smart meters have been installed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I had smart meters installed about 6-8 weeks ago but I can't see my usage breakdown in MyOVO.

It takes us a good few months to 'calibrate' your usage @TonyY before the energy breakdown feature kicks in! @Paul mentioned 6 weeks, @stateofit mentioned 3-4 months, so it might vary.

Keep us updated!
I am not getting gas readings in my energy usage breakdown. I have a smart meter, does this mean the gas part doesn't work?
Userlevel 5
Not necessarily, @Pamela J M, was your gas meter installed the same time as your electricity? If it wasn't, not to worry as stated above it may take a few months to calibrate.

If you used to be able to see your usage but can't anymore, this may indicate an issue. Get in touch with the team about this, they're available on hello@ovoenergy.com.
My smart meters were installed at the same time by Economy Energy. My gas is showing on my reader in my house but it doesn't appear to be getting through to OVO.
Userlevel 2
Badge
In that case, @Pamela J M, I'd get in contact with us at hello@ovoenergy.com.

It sounds like there's a connectivity issue with your meters and our systems, but I'm sure we can sort this out for you.

Thanks,
Ed