Solved

Does the My OVO usage comparison work on an iPad?

Hi I've found the usage statistics really interesting on my online account but when I look at them on my iPad I can't get the comparisons to work i.e. Compare to previous week etc. Does anyone else have this problem? It works ok on a pc
icon

Best answer by stateofit 25 March 2017, 08:27

Yeah my usage graph had similar problems. I think it's trying to show usage month by month, by presumably the information comes from statements which aren't necessarily month by month, so it gets confused. Last year it wouldhave me believe that I used no energy at all in Feb, and double in March. I think I can see what happened there but I stopped taking much notice of it.

It's a different story now I have smart meters, It's so accurate it's almost fascinating.

I cansee the kettle coming on when I get up, the Shower a little later... How cool is that!?

I'm also happy to note that there's not much "residual hum" so clearly we're not leaving stuff on that aughta be Off...

I like my smart meters 🙂
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi I've found the usage statistics really interesting on my online account but when I look at them on my iPad I can't get the comparisons to work i.e. Compare to previous week etc. Does anyone else have this problem? It works ok on a pc

Nice question, Fjowls.

I’d like to open this up to other users, to see if they’ve had a similar issue. To help them find this topic, I’ve changed the title and added a few tags as well.

I’m surprised to hear that it’s working on your computer and not your ipad. This tells me that it’s something on the device that's the cause, not My OVO. Try clearing your cache and browsing history and get back to us.

Thanks,
Tim
Hi Tim

I've tried doing everything I can but still doesn't work on iPad. I even tried logging in on someone else's device but it didn't work on that either. It works on my iPhone and pc just not on the ipad
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
The word on the grapevine is the My OVO usage graph does have an issue that our tech guys are aware of an working on already. As soon as we have an update on this (once we know it’s been fixed), we’ll let you know on the forum.

Lucy
Thanks Lucy. I have tried the app too but that doesn't seem to offer a comparison - it also has a different total for my monthly usage to the one I get if I access my account through a browser - do you know why that would be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks Lucy. I have tried the app too but that doesn't seem to offer a comparison - it also has a different total for my monthly usage to the one I get if I access my account through a browser - do you know why that would be?

This info should be matching on My OVO and the app, Fjowls. The data used on both are the same. So we can confirm why it’s not, please drop our Social team a message via Facebook or Twitter, or contact our Care team directly: http://ovoener.gy/contact.

If you feel like sharing what the cause was, pop back on this topic and give us all the juicy details!

Tim
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yeah my usage graph had similar problems. I think it's trying to show usage month by month, by presumably the information comes from statements which aren't necessarily month by month, so it gets confused. Last year it wouldhave me believe that I used no energy at all in Feb, and double in March. I think I can see what happened there but I stopped taking much notice of it.

It's a different story now I have smart meters, It's so accurate it's almost fascinating.

I cansee the kettle coming on when I get up, the Shower a little later... How cool is that!?

I'm also happy to note that there's not much "residual hum" so clearly we're not leaving stuff on that aughta be Off...

I like my smart meters 🙂
Thank Stateofit but I do have a smart meter so it should all be accurate
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Ah, ok. That's fair enough. I'll let someone who knows what they're talking about work that out for you. Although I am now intrigued and will have a closer look at my own app...
The useage graph shows useage for current month (May) however, as it's only the 6th the graph must be showing April useage - the graphs must be constantly a month ahead of correct useage
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
The useage graph shows useage for current month (May) however, as it's only the 6th the graph must be showing April useage - the graphs must be constantly a month ahead of correct useage

Hi oldgitian,

There’s another topic on the My OVO usage graph, and I think other users would really benefit from seeing these usage graph queries in one place. So, I’ve moved this query over to it.

I recon this relates to your billing cycle. If you got billed on the 5th, My OVO might confuse that usage as the whole of May’s. For me to check, send me a PM with your account number, name, DoB and a link to this topic.

Thanks,
Tim