Solved

Can't log in to My OVO after second signup - can you help?

Due to an error with my house address when I moved to OVO the original application was cancelled. This was corrected and I am now being supplied. However, when I try and log in all I get is application cancelled. OVO are looking into it but I think are a bit stumped. I have taken advice from my computer shop who talked me through cancelling history. I have tried to log in by using 3 different browsers and OVO also tried through an Incognito route. No luck. Anybody had this problem or know how I can resolve it? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 17 May 2017, 18:01

Due to an error with my house address when I moved to OVO the original application was cancelled. This was corrected and I am now being supplied. However, when I try and log in all I get is application cancelled. OVO are looking into it but I think are a bit stumped. I have taken advice from my computer shop who talked me through cancelling history. I have tried to log in by using 3 different browsers and OVO also tried through an Incognito route. No luck. Anybody had this problem or know how I can resolve it? Thanks

Hi @wclough

I can see you've sent me a PM, and I've just sent off my reply now.

In general, login issues have simple fixes that can be actioned by the customer. Working out the issue is the tricky part. In this case, I think that you might be logging in using the same email address as the original, failed signup. Using your OVO ID is a good workaround for this. Remember that password reset link as well, so for anyone else having issues, try both of these tricks.

If you need to change the email address you're logging in with, get in touch with our Customer Care team to do this. You can call them on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.

Hope this helps,
Tim
View original

26 replies

@georgew - I've moved your post over here where you should be able to find the help you need above :)

Nancy

Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @wclough

I can see you've sent me a PM, and I've just sent off my reply now.

In general, login issues have simple fixes that can be actioned by the customer. Working out the issue is the tricky part. In this case, I think that you might be logging in using the same email address as the original, failed signup. Using your OVO ID is a good workaround for this. Remember that password reset link as well, so for anyone else having issues, try both of these tricks.

If you need to change the email address you're logging in with, get in touch with our Customer Care team to do this. You can call them on 0330 303 5063 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim. Not sure what info you need. Text deleted to protect user info. Let me know what else you may need.

Thanks @wclough

As @Mattj3135 mentioned, it's best to keep account specific info private, so I've edited your comment and sent you another PM to confirm the info we need. Check it out when you can! 🆒

Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Tim. Not sure what info you need. My Acc No is 6087352. Let me know what else you may need.

Have you got the private message from Tim? If not he will have asked for the info in that message. To access your private messages click on the silhouette of a person at the very top right of this webpage, look to the bottom of the drop down and click private message.

By communicating via private message will keep your personal details secure.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@georgew - I've moved your post over here where you should be able to find the help you need above :)

Nancy
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim and thanks for your reply. OVO gave me an ID so that I did not have to enter my email address and it still went through to the Application Cancelled message. OVO also confirmed that they had deleted my email address from the original application

Yep this is an odd one - those tricks nearly always work. Check out my PM @wclough - I need some account details so I can look into this for you. :$

^Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I am a returning customer to ovo when I try and log in it won't let me so I can't top up on the app

Another customer has posted they had similar issues and the way to resolve it is to reach out to the customer care team. You can do this by phone or online, @Tim_OVO or @Lucy_OVO can help if you drop them a private message with your full name address and ovo account number and theyll help you get up and running again

Hi @Jd14

Your query was already raised by another user, so I've moved it to that older topic to keep it all in the same place. Check out the best answer for a few tricks to try, and (as @Mattj3135 mentioned) if this doesn't work send me a PM with your new account number, name and DoB.

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @wclough welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

This is a peculiar situation you find yourself in, I'm a little concerned to hear that it isn't resolved yet for you.

As this is the first I've seen this on here my advice to you would be to drop @Tim_OVO a private message with your full name, address and OVO account number, he can help get to the route of this issue and resolve it for you.

Sorry I'm not able to help much on this occasion!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I am a returning customer to ovo when I try and log in it won't let me so I can't top up on the app

Hi @Jd14 sorry to hear of the issues youve been experiencing.

Another customer has posted they had similar issues and the way to resolve it is to reach out to the customer care team. You can do this by phone or online, @Tim_OVO or @Lucy_OVO can help if you drop them a private message with your full name address and ovo account number and theyll help you get up and running again
Hi Tim and thanks for your reply. OVO gave me an ID so that I did not have to enter my email address and it still went through to the Application Cancelled message. OVO also confirmed that they had deleted my email address from the original application
Hi Tim. Not sure what info you need. Text deleted to protect user info. Let me know what else you may need.
I've moved house and requested OVO to follow me. Everything is on track but I can't access my online account to give my readings. It does not recognise my email address and password (which were the same from my old account/previous address).
Can anyone help me out?

Cheers Faye
No matter how many times I clear my cache I cannot access my new OVO account and I see no opportunity to log in using my new ID and Account numbers. The portal keeps referring me to my previous OVO account which I had before moving house. I did follow instructions already given by OVO before to solve this problem but it persists.
I'm using Chrome and Win10 if this is relevant and would be grateful for any help expressed in terms suitable for someone bordering on senility.
Ive just completed to switch to Ovo but havent received an email to confirm. Tried to login and it reinstated an old account I had from 3+ years ago which is no longer active.

Should I have received an email confirmation by now?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @1990lewis - I've moved your post over here. More info above ☝🏼
I find the ovo website useless.
I tried to "register" but there`s no way I can because my old email address has been ended and I have a new email address.
To change my details it asks me to log in.
But I cannot log in. Because to log in I have to use my old email address.
To give a meter reading I also need to log in. Can``t do it.
So can anyone help.
I tried to phone them but the waiting time on the phone is literally hours.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @DMOSS102030 I've moved your post here, as you may find all the details and help you need in this topic.

If you've got any more questions, drop us a comment below!

Cheers!
WHY DIDN``T YOU JUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION ???????
THE PHONE NUMBER 0330 303 5063 IS DEAD???????
IT`S A JOKE.
I``LL BE CHANGING SUPPLIER ASAP
Userlevel 5
Your question has been answered in Tim's best answer, @DMOSS102030. If you can't use your email address, try your OVO ID.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say our phone number is dead, you're calling the right on so there's no reason for you not to get through.
It`s working now. It wasn`t earlier
To log in ... I need my OVO ID and my email address .... that I used to first log in. But my email address is dead. So, How do I log in???
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
@LyndaMcK

I believe when a customer leaves OVO. Their account is disabled. If the same customer chooses to return to OVO, it is easier for the team to create a brand new account. I would suggest you call OVO asking if it is possible to re-open the same account.

Phone number: 0330 303 5063
Because I had a previous account with Ovo, when I try to log in it tells me I don't have an account now. Also, I don't think my smart meter has been updated since I rejoined Ovo last year either. Can anyone help with this?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @LyndaMcK - I've moved your post over here where you can find more info about this 🙂