Solved

Can't find my MPAN and MPRN - can anyone help?

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

I dont know how to confirm the meter details in order to start with Ovo as my previous supplier has recently changed my meters to smart meters and I have yet to receive a bill which would confirm the identity of the meter. What should I do?
icon

Best answer by Emma_G 18 September 2017, 21:17

Hi Ian

At a guess, I would say the best thing to do would be to get in touch with your current supplier. They should be able to update these numbers with the industry, provide you with the info you need and then you should be able to switch.

I hope this helps

Regards
Emma
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hi Ian

At a guess, I would say the best thing to do would be to get in touch with your current supplier. They should be able to update these numbers with the industry, provide you with the info you need and then you should be able to switch.

I hope this helps

Regards
Emma
Thanks. The current supplier have proved unhelpful but the OVO customer service found a solution for me - problem solved!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Am glad it has been sorted for you Ian 🙂
Hi I’m in the process of switching to OVO and I’ve received an email asking for my MPAN number and requesting I reply back to the email. Is this a genuine request?

I went to do it through my online account as I thought this was more secure but there isn’t an option to do this.

Just wanting to double check as always suspicious of emails requesting a reply straight back. Too many scammers out there. (Although not sure what they could do with this information anyway)

thanks in advance
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @Laura5 ,

Please see the above thread, but yes we do ask you to confirm the MPAN via email so it's a legitimate email from OVO, but it's always good to be cautious!

We ask for the MPAN/MPRN just to triple check that we are taking over the correct supply before the switch process commences.

Hope this puts your mind at ease. 😊