Solved

Can My OVO and the app show live usage when you have a smart meter?

• 11 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello!
Today i had my Smart Meter installed successfully; the installer did not give me a IHD. When asked do i get one at default; the installer said no you have to ask for one. And then said am i on the OVO energy app. Of which i am on, did not really consider it a problem.

With a meter reading coming up in 4 days do i need to provide one or will the new successfully installed smart meter do that for me? (Only ask as its the first thing i see when entering the OVO energy app).

Also, is there any way without a IHD, to see live energy usage like a IHD on the energy app?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Steve587 15 December 2017, 15:31

First, question - assuming the meter is working correctly, it should automatically send your reading, without you having to do anything
Second question - without an IHD, the only way to get readings out of the meter is to press the number 9 button (at least that's how my meter works, yours may differ) and it should cycle through a number of readings. I use this for my Solar Panel output reading (it appears the OVO meter supplied is unable to transmit this, as it does for domestic usage), which is the second reading IO get. In addition, there are a number of usage and cost readings which follow.

If you'd really like and IHD, contact the Customer Care team and I'm sure they can get one sent for you (https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers).

Hope this helps
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
First, question - assuming the meter is working correctly, it should automatically send your reading, without you having to do anything
Second question - without an IHD, the only way to get readings out of the meter is to press the number 9 button (at least that's how my meter works, yours may differ) and it should cycle through a number of readings. I use this for my Solar Panel output reading (it appears the OVO meter supplied is unable to transmit this, as it does for domestic usage), which is the second reading IO get. In addition, there are a number of usage and cost readings which follow.

If you'd really like and IHD, contact the Customer Care team and I'm sure they can get one sent for you (https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers).

Hope this helps