Solved

Are the My OVO usage graphs accurate?

• 30 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Usage Graph reliability
I relied on the usage graphs to track my costs until I realized the computed daily charges are incorrect as agreed to by OVO (the matter has been referred to IT). I have since created my own spreadsheet using the Kwh readings from the OVO graph (received daily from the smart meter) and get a closer match to the monthly statements. There is still a discrepancy in the Kwh usage and now wonder if these readings are also reliable. My meter readings are taken once a day; would hourly readings be more reliable?
The predicted usage costs are also incorrect presumably based on the incorrect daily calculations. The comparison consumption figures in the monthly statement are also incorrect.
As all those figures are meant to help customers monitor their usage, how can they be so wrong?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 January 2018, 14:24

You're right in saying that the usage graphs on My OVO aren't accurate and that our Tech team are looking into it, @Roy Davis

Having half hourly reads will always make it more accurate, so if you'd like us to get the frequency changed just let us know. You can PM us on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number or email the team at hello@ovoenergy.com.

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

Emma
View original

6 replies

You're right in saying that the usage graphs on My OVO aren't accurate and that our Tech team are looking into it, @Roy Davis

Having half hourly reads will always make it more accurate, so if you'd like us to get the frequency changed just let us know. You can PM us on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number or email the team at hello@ovoenergy.com.

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

Emma
Thank you for your reply. I have been away for the last few days hence delay. Can I email OVO instead of going through Facebook to get the half hourly readings set up and what is the down side of having half hourly readings?
Thanks, Roy
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Roy Davis,

Absolutely, drop the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com. Make sure it's from the email address linked to your account so we can match it up.

Nancy
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
If I add up my total electricity consumption, it agrees with the online totals on the OVO website.

So, up to 22 February, total usage is 963.5; adding the usage so far today (6.35) gives a total of 969.85 yet the meter reading taken at the same time is 976.5

How can this be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
If I add up my total electricity consumption, it agrees with the online totals on the OVO website.How can this be?

Can you send over a picture so another user can offer some help @PeterR1947 ?

Tim
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I thought what I had posted was clear? What do you want a picture of Tim?