Solved

Android app - unable to enter meter readings

• 30 September 2019
  • 15 replies

I've just upgraded to a Samsung S10 and now when I open the app and select the option to enter my meter readings, the keyboard does not appear. Short press, long press nothing seems to make a difference. The rest of the screen responds to input, so I can press submit, cancel, help, torch, but the phone isn't recognising the input field and bringing up the keyboard.

Has anyone else experienced this? Not having a problem in any other app. Latest app version.
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 30 September 2019, 17:18

Hi @tribpot and @100272177 thanks for flagging this to us. We've identified an issue with some Android devices (we also had some app reviews that highlighted this too) so we've hopefully now resolved this.

You might need to uninstall and reinstall the app to get this working again. Please let us know how you get on!

Darran
View original

15 replies

can not get my meter readings
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @tribpot and @100272177 thanks for flagging this to us. We've identified an issue with some Android devices (we also had some app reviews that highlighted this too) so we've hopefully now resolved this.

You might need to uninstall and reinstall the app to get this working again. Please let us know how you get on!

Darran
Great thank you, I've reinstalled the app but I gave meter readings via the website today so I can't try to add readings today, I will try tomorrow morning.
Update - I tried it this morning but no change.

The version in the app store (9.13.0) is dated 27th September so I'm guessing the update hasn't been pushed out yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for the feedback @tribpot, the team have identified that there are still some issues and are investigating!

For now the short term fix for this is for a member to navigate away from the page (e.g. go to home) and then return and it is no longer an issue, not ideal, but we are working hard to fix it!

We will keep you posted.
Thanks - I have tried that workaround and it works, so that's fine, I can use this if it's not fixed before I next enter meter readings, thanks @Darran_OVO
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
No worries glad that works at least for now @tribpot!

We will keep you updated when this is resolved!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@tribpot just had an update from the App team, they've rolled out the new version of the app (9.14.1) with the fix to the play store and its available to download/update.

This should now resolve!
@Darran_OVO yes I've tried that and it is working perfectly, thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Awesome news @tribpot, thanks for confirming!! 🙂
I send my meter readings in every month why aren't they up to date on the app can anyone help
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sounds like it could be related to this issue above, @Emm21 - are you android?

Can you send over a screenshot of what you see in the meter reading history tab? Maybe another member can advise based on this info

Userlevel 5

That’s strange, @Emm21, we’ll need to take a closer look into this to find out what’s going on. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don’t use social media, send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.

I don’t know much about this. There may be some problem with your device. Try to freeup your internal storage. This might help you.