Solved

Why is OVO asking me to pay off my "in credit" amount on my monthly summary email?

• 20 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am £40.08 IN CREDIT which means you OWE ME, as you can see below, yet the email and the bill imply that I have to pay this off within the 14 days. What sense does this make? Are you even testing what you send out to clients?

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 21 December 2021, 12:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi,

This sounds like an account specific issue that we can’t easily handle via the forum as no-one can access your account from here. I’d recommend double checking your account balance in MyOVO and if something still doesn’t seem right, please let the Support Team know.

However, this does also sound like a possible bug. Normally I can ask Tim and Jess to submit bug reports from here, but this one is probably best handled by someone who’s able to access your account directly, as it’ll be easier for the Support Team to grab additional data that can’t be retrieved via the forum.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge

Doesn’t the screenshot give enough information?  This is from the email from OVO and it clearly says account credit, please pay off in 14 days.

My account is in fact in credit but regardless, the emails wording as in the screenshot is all wrong. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for highlighting this one, @gmmarcin. It’s not something that’s been raised here before so I’ve forwarded your comment on to the team to investigate things further.

Sorry for any confusion caused by the wording there - As our community champ, @Blastoise186, has already mentioned your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) is the best place to check your up-to date balance and make a payment when required. :thumbsup:

Just popping back with an update on this one - The team have confirmed we’re updating the wording on these communications to clear up any confusion. 

Thanks for spotting this one! :thumbsup:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for highlighting this one, @gmmarcin. It’s not something that’s been raised here before so I’ve forwarded your comment on to the team to investigate things further.

Sorry for any confusion caused by the wording there - As our community champ, @Blastoise186, has already mentioned your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) is the best place to check your up-to date balance and make a payment when required. :thumbsup:

No it isn’t. You have sent me a bill “Your OVO Energy bill” that says account in credit, please pay within 14 days. How can you say the online account or an app is more important than a bill that you have sent me. A bill and an invoice is what businesses go by.  Are you suggesting I ignore the bill then?

Userlevel 7

Sorry just to clarify, @gmmarcin - was this messaging seen on your monthly summary email or the attached PDF?

The mention of the up-to date balance viewable on your online account was reflective of the fact that this is updated daily, meaning this represents a more current view of your balance than that shown on a monthly summary and is a good place to double-check the current state of your account.

As mentioned I’ve raised the issue with the team already as it’s not something that’s been reported as a known technical bug here before so thanks for helping us get this corrected. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7

Just popping back with an update on this one - The team have confirmed we’re updating the wording on these communications to clear up any confusion. 

Thanks for spotting this one! :thumbsup: