Solved

Why have I failed to receive my latest FIT payments from SSE - Have I been switched to OVO?

We have recently had our FIT supplier changed from SSE to OVO and since then have failed to receive any FIT payments. Emails have been unanswered and it is impossible to get through by phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can contact OVO about this?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 2 September 2022, 12:10

View original

142 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @Elsiemo ,

I’m Blastoise186, one of the forum volunteers on the OVO Forum. I’m afraid I can’t access your account as I’m only a member myself, but I suspect the most likely reason for the delay is because the FiT Team is pretty small and gets heavily loaded. You could try calling 0345 0260 712 though, as this will get you through to the team assisting migrated SSE customers and they can probably chase this up for you.

Hi. We tried this number this morning and it didn’t recognise our FIT account number. We do not have our main energy supply through OVO, just the FIT. All it does is transfer us into the call waiting system as before which doesn’t get answered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ah ok. Oops. I didn’t realise FiT accounts don’t get picked up properly. Let me ask @Jess_OVO for help with getting that fixed.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Elsiemo,

It’s really not great to hear that your call to our Support team didn’t get answered. How long were you waiting, roughly what date/time was this, and was it redirected after you called this number: 0345 0260 712? I want to work out what happened there. 

You’re able to email our Feed In Tariff team directly via this address: fits@ovoenergy.com. Make sure to include your address and FIT account number. As Blastoise mentioned, it’s a relatively small team so please allow some days (usually we’d say 5 working days) for a reply. If that comes and goes without a response, feel free to post back here and we can help via a private message. 

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim. We have emailed the team as suggested (Monday) and are currently awaiting something other than an automated reply. I will update after the weekend if we get a response. Thanks.

Hi Tim

We emailed the suggested address last Monday and have received the following reply today:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email. Your FIT installation is registered with SSE so you will need to contact them about your query. 

You can do this by emailing micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com.

Kind regards

Emil

As SSE is now part of OVO and we have tried contacting SSE to no avail, can you please tell me why we are being passed from pillar to post and no-one is prepared to take any responsibility for our account!

If as suggested, we are not OVO customers, why did we receive a request for a photo of out meter in January?

If this is not sorted out soon, we will be taking our complaint to the Ombudsman.

Lynda

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the update here, @Elsiemo.

I’ve got your PM and I’ve just replied with a bit of an action plan - check it out when you can!

Thanks,

Tim

Userlevel 1

Well I am going around the houses with SSE Energy Services now part of the OVO Family. Loads of different phone numbers tried, and emails to microgeneration and still no answer to my simple question. Where is the FIT statement and cheque for the period October 2021 to January 2022? My neighbours have had their cheque, but they have other friends who have not had payment. The reading for January 2022 to March 29th has now been submitted so will we be getting a statement and cheque to cover the SIX months of our GREEN energy??

Not a nice way to treat ‘family’ is it! The system worked fine from 2012 until now.

Userlevel 1

No one has asked us to ‘migrate’ so is that the problem with not getting statements and payments? No communication since last statement, 30th September 2021 other than asking for readings.

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear about your delayed FiT payment, @pjgriff100.

Whilst we’re hoping to begin the migration of SSE FiT accounts over to OVO later this year, at the moment these accounts are still being managed by the SSE FiT team. We’ll be in touch to let you know when your account is due to move to OVO but for the moment you’ll need to contact SSE for help with delayed payments or statements. You can reach this team on micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com.

I hope this helps get things sorted.

Userlevel 1

Hi Jess

I have sent them several emails already without success.

I have just sent another long email with a photo of the last statement received. For all the advertising about it being one big OVO family it seems some of us are not being catered for.

OVO are in credit from our Direct Debits for supply we are provided  with, but the OVO ‘family’ is owing for electricity received from our solar panels. I believe this breaches a contract made in June 2012. Also the website is not up to date as the telephone number for SSE FIT enquiries does not work.

Our FIT tariff was transferred to OVO,  I have not had any FIT payments since my statement of  October 2021 

I submitted a reading on  January 2022 , and a requested picture of our meter in February 2022 and another reading on 31 March 2022   All of these were requested by you OVO, yet I have not received any payments.

who can i contact to solve this issue , on the flip side if we didn't pay what we were due I’m sure this would be escalated to a form of legal action. so if any one can help please do .

Regards

Gerryr

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ovo considers taking legal action as a last resort process reserved for extreme cases of non-payment only. It is never used just because you missed one payment by accident.

Please contact fits@ovoenergy.com for help with your FiT payment issue. 

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear of the delayed FiT payment, @Gerryr.

Just to double-check, as you mention your FiT account being transferred to us recently, was your FiT account with SSE? As mentioned in this thread

Whilst we’re hoping to begin the migration of SSE FiT accounts over to OVO later this year, at the moment these accounts are still being managed by the SSE FiT team. We’ll be in touch to let you know when your account is due to move to OVO but for the moment you’ll need to contact SSE for help with delayed payments or statements. You can reach this team on micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com.

If you’ve requested the FiT transfer to OVO apart from any SSE migration, our FiT team can help chase up any missed payments. 

I’m so sorry to hear of the delayed FiT payment, @Gerryr.

Just to double-check, as you mention your FiT account being transferred to us recently, was your FiT account with SSE? As mentioned in this thread

If you’ve requested the FiT transfer to OVO apart from any SSE migration, our FiT team can help chase up any missed payments. 

hank you for the information will try your suggestions

Gerryr

Userlevel 1

We are still with SSE Energy for FIT payment. No word of a  takeover or back payment.

No money or statement since September 2021 despite submitting readings and a photo of the meter as there has been no two yearly inspection, which is not our fault, as the meter is in an accessible outbuilding.

There is no phone number that gets through to anyone who deals with this. It is a disgrace and being ‘part of the OVO family’ has seemingly achieved zilch! In some ways this is theft of green energy isn’t it…taking it and not paying the producer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @pjgriff100 , I’m one of the forum volunteers on the OVO Forum. :)

If you’re still with SSE for your FiT Account, you’ll need to reach out to their teams to get help with an issue like this one. You’ll eventually be migrated to OVO, but in the meantime only SSE can help as it’s a separate company despite being owned by OVO.

Could you give 0345 071 7827 a try? That seems to be the number to directly reach the FiT Team at SSE. If that doesn’t work, please stop by here again and I’ll ask a moderator for help.

Userlevel 1

Hi I have just done that number and been given a seg email. But we are a longstanding solar producer not a new entrant for the lower seg payment. No use at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It should go to the same team either way. SEG is more common these days, so the FiT and SEG Teams at many suppliers have been merged into a combined team.

However, as you mention you’re having trouble, I’ll ask @Jess_OVO to see if she’s able to help.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. We had no problem between June 2012 and September 2021 so we have been long-standing in the SSE a system now zilch!

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear of the delays you’ve had to your SSE Feed-In Tariff payments, @pjgriff100.

Just to clarify, as discussed in the thread above, for the time being we’re not transferring SSE FiT accounts to OVO so any issues submitting export readings or receiving export payments should be directed to the SSE FiT team on micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com.

Hope this helps get things sorted.

Userlevel 1

No sorry no help as that email is no longer being used and I was directed to a number which couldn’t help and then to another number and the set email!

Userlevel 2

I don’t know why this thread is labelled as ‘solved’ because there is clearly a widespread problem.  We have not been paid FIT for well over 6 months and are now owed over £1,000.  It is very difficult to contact the FIT team by email and the limited availability of hours when the telephone is manned is incompatible with a working life such as mine.  As someone who has had FIT payments for approximately 10 years it is only since Ovo became involved that there has been a problem.  With respect, you need to put some resources in to sort it out or else you are going to be overwhelmed with complaints and ombudsman investigations….

Userlevel 1

Indeed I have found an email for SSE Energy chief executive officer and emailed it and same day had an email from the Complaints people promising help. Since then had yet another email asking for the same information already given…photo of meter and ID. I have sent that off to a different email I was given and still waiting for a statement and cheque. NOTHING PAID SINCE SEPTEMBER 2021. Yes that is shouting. We are all pretty fed up of SSE hiding behind the two year inspection. Our meter is in an outbuilding and could have been looked at any time they asked!

Userlevel 1

Today, nearly the last day of May,  we have finally received a statement and a cheque from SSE Energy for solar readings from last Autumn and this Spring. Long overdue and after months of hassle trying to talk with anyone who could access our long-standing account. No compensation or apology, of course, and it all starts again in a month when we submit the reading for April to July!

I hope anyone else whose payments have been delayed gets their due soon!