Solved

Why doesn't OVO Drive appear as one of my renewal options?

Hi OVO,

My 1 year fixed contract comes to an end in roughly mid-September, and the best deal for me by some margin is the OVO Drive tariff, which I am eligible for as I have both a smart meter and own an electric car.  However, in the renewal section of MyOVO, there is no option to renew onto this tariff.  If I try and signup to OVO Drive directly from the ovoenergy.com homepage, it sends me back to the MyOVO page, with this message, thus leading me full circle:

So… how does one switch/renew to OVO Drive if they are already an OVO customer?

Cheers,

Rob

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 6 September 2021, 12:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @robfraz !

Thanks for bringing this up. It sounds like you’ve found a possible bug here, which you’ve reported in exactly the right place. I’ve gone ahead and notified @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO with an escalation request to get this looked into from that perspective.

In the meantime, you might be able to renew by phone if you call the Support Team. This sort of thing would need verbal consent so you can’t use email or live chat.

We’ll keep you posted when we know more. I might also ask a few questions over the weekend to help pin this one down. I hope that’s OK with you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

Hi @robfraz 

Thanks for flagging - it's much appreciated.

At the moment we're having a few technical issues across our systems, which is why the OVO Drive plan isn't coming up for you. The team are working really hard to fix this, and hopefully you should be able to renew soon.

We'd be really excited to welcome you on to OVO Drive, it's a great plan! Keep an eye on your online account for when things go back to normal.

Tim

Hi @Tim_OVO,

My understanding is that the technical issues have now passed, but OVO Drive still doesn’t appear on the renewal page.

Cheers,

Rob

Furthermore, the OVO Drive tariff prices appear to have just gone up enormously, so I guess it’s irrelevant now anyway.  *sigh*

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Furthermore, the OVO Drive tariff prices appear to have just gone up enormously, so I guess it’s irrelevant now anyway.  *sigh*

@robfraz  Yes, high unit rate, high standing charge and really high gas price means I just can’t promote this tariff to friends any more. The other option we were discussing still appears better to me even without using the cheap times!

Userlevel 7

@robfraz what’s the latest on this one? Did OVO Drive appear on your online account for your renewal like it’s supposed to for those eligible?

@robfraz what’s the latest on this one? Did OVO Drive appear on your online account for your renewal like it’s supposed to for those eligible?

Nope, it did not.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 28/04/22 by Jess_OVO

We’ve checked in with the team who’ve advised that the OVO Drive tariff will only show up as a renewal option on your online account if you’ve previously been on the EV Everywhere tariff.

If you’re renewing from a different plan and you meet all the eligibility requirements (ie. you’ve got an EV and are a dual-fuel member), you’ll be able to renew onto OVO Drive by giving the Support Team a call. 

Hope this helps get things sorted - let us know if you’ve got any more EV or renewal queries, we’re always happy help where we can! :blue_car:

Nope, it did not.

Thanks for confirming this, @robfraz.

We’ve checked in with the team who’ve advised that the OVO Drive tariff will only show up as a renewal option on your online account if you’ve previously been on the EV Everywhere tariff.

If you’re renewing from a different plan and you meet all the eligibility requirements (ie. you’ve got an EV and are a dual-fuel member), you’ll be able to renew onto OVO Drive by giving the Support Team a call. 

Hope this helps get things sorted - let us know if you’ve got any more EV or renewal queries, we’re always happy help where we can! :blue_car:

Jess,

Your customer services team seem to be unaware of this ability to sign people up onto OVO drive. 

I called them yesterday since I was looking at switching and apparently there was no possibility of me moving to an EV tariff since I was on an old billing system.  This gives me no option but to change supplier for a better deal as we have 2 electric cars and are high usage customers (14500 units electric, 38500 units of gas in the last year).

Disappointing that no effort was made to resolve this since we have been customers of OVO since 2014 and probably spent over £20k with them over the years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This gives me no option but to change supplier for a better deal as we have 2 electric cars and are high usage customers (14500 units electric, 38500 units of gas in the last year)

Wow that’s a lot of gas. I thought my old 22000 units was high! If you are forced to move away from OVO it perhaps may be worth looking at Zog for cheap gas and, assuming you have a smart meter, Octopus Go Faster for electric (which I’m on - I also don’t qualify for OVO Drive)

Userlevel 7

Your customer services team seem to be unaware of this ability to sign people up onto OVO drive. 

I called them yesterday since I was looking at switching and apparently there was no possibility of me moving to an EV tariff since I was on an old billing system.  This gives me no option but to change supplier for a better deal as we have 2 electric cars and are high usage customers (14500 units electric, 38500 units of gas in the last year).

I’m really sorry to hear this, @Stu_T - and surprised that your account was still on our previous billing system. We’ve migrated the vast vast majority of member accounts over to our new platform, so yours must have been one of the remaining few still awaiting account migration. Unfortunately as our Support Team has advised the OVO Drive tariff is only available via our new billing platform.

It’s really disappointing to hear that this has meant you’ve decided to switch away, but we understand the importance of finding the best plan to suit your needs, particularly for high energy users like yourself. Hoping you can find a plan that works for you and your EV charging needs. :red_car: