Solved

Why does the direct debit calculator on my online account have none of my usage history since my account was moved to the new online platform?

• 18 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ve been migrated to the ‘new billing system’. The previous billing system had my historical usage data to calculate my direct debit, but this new one is still telling me “Once you’ve been with us for 8 weeks, we can start showing you payment recommendations.”

I’ve been with OVO since 2016 !!!

Surely some mistake ? 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 August 2021, 10:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy! I think I know what this is about.

If you’ve only just been migrated over, it takes at least a couple of weeks for your historical account data to be fully migrated as well - an archive of this will become available once your account migration is fully completed. This should also solve the eight week alerts.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if that historical data is factored in by the new platform (but it probably is). However, the Direct Debit Calculator should get back on track within the next two or three weeks. If it doesn’t, please let the Support Team know!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks @Blastoise186 The new version was set up on 30th June - are they saying it’ll take eight weeks to migrate my historical data to the direct debit calculator ?! I can see it all in the ‘usage’ charts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh ok. In that case, you may want to check the OVO Energy app, just in case. It’s under Payments > Adjust Direct Debit Amount and you’ll be able to see a suggestion there if one is available.

But I do know that it can take a while to build up enough data for the Direct Debit Calculator to show anything. I think it’s partially to avoid having it make wild suggestions too soon that won’t make sense and to only start showing recommendations once it has enough confidence. I’ll summon the Ancient Philosopher @Tim_OVO Sonius, 4th Century BC though, just to make sure. XD

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great idea - but no suggestion available ! actually it doesn’t do any good looking into these things...just found this for 2019 !  Not sure that’s very accurate !!  Sorry pic is so big - how can I make it smaller ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, that size is actually perfect for mobile devices like Totodile, making it a piece of cake to read. I can use GIMP to give you an even smaller version if you'd like me to, but I should mention that I might make it a little bit... Microscopic…

It's too late to retrieve the original 2019 data from your meters now I'm afraid. It will have been overwritten repeatedly by newer data by now. Or deleted, if the meter has an auto-purge feature.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 02/05/22 by Jess_OVO

Nice post, @juliamc - good to hear you’re now on our new billing platform with access to a new version of your online account and OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

I’ve been advised that this Direct Debit calculator is part of your ‘personnel projection’ (PP), which combines historic usage linked to your meter/supply, with previous usage. As I understand it, the move from the legacy platform means your recent previous usage data isn’t available, hence the message about an 8 week delay.

The big difference between this new platform and the legacy one is that live balance. It’s much more dynamic, based on your usage day to day. For this, we just need some time for the new platform to learn your usage patterns.

Keen to hear how you find these new online features when they’re up and running.