Solved

Why does my online account still show that I'm 'Onboarding'? I joined OVO 3 months ago!

• 24 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have contacted countless people at OVO to access my online account which was never upgraded from an "on boarding account" since I joined in JULY 2021, but no one seems to be able to help. As a result of this, I have NEVER been able to input my meter readings, see my bills etc. I am paying for my direct debit blindly, without being able to access any details on my energy usage or input my meter readings.  I made a complaint and spoke to two different operators who were absolutely unable to help or to provide a decent explanation as to why I cannot access my online account or provide readings. I was promised that OVO would get back to me within 10 working days providing an explanation. Ten working days elapsed on Friday Oct 22nd and of course I didn't hear anything. The same operator promised that they would send me an email with my bills, so that I would be able to see how much I am spending. Obviously the bills were never sent to me. 

Kindly assist.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 24 October 2021, 22:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there @Isabella Rizzo ,

Sorry for the wait, it took me a bit longer than usual to get to this thread. Before I get started though, I do need to mention that I’m a forum volunteer and this forum is volunteer led. As such, I can’t access your account or make changes. Please bear in mind that over 99% of the community members here do not work for OVO and we help out for free in our own time in good faith.

With that being said, I’ve been thinking about this all day and I have a possible theory or two that may help. My suspicions are either some really rare bug has prevented your account from completing onboarding properly, or that something has interfered with the process, such as a read dispute from your previous supplier - things like this can severely slow things down until they’re resolved.

All is not lost however. The best advice I can think of would be to use this form if you haven’t already so that a formal complaint can be raised. If you’ve done that and not had success, the next stage is to ask for an internal review - you can request this at any stage of the complaints process, but ideally it’s best to wait until after you’ve had at least the first response from OVO to give the team a chance to review things.

If you don’t get anywhere after eight weeks or reach deadlock, you’ll become eligible to request that the Energy Ombudsman takes a look.

There’s not really much that can be done via this forum though as it sounds like an account-specific issue.

In future though, please may I respectfully ask that you avoid using all caps text in your posts outside of things that are capitalised anyway (like OVO). It’s considered the internet equivalent of shouting and is often considered rather rude or inappropriate by others.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hi @Isabella Rizzo and welcome to OVO and our online community,

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re still not able to access your online account. If you joined us in July we’re now well outside the 6 week time frame following a switch, when we’d expect you to have full access to all your online account features.

As our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 has mentioned there’s a few possibilities as to what might be causing these issues, from an issue with your opening meter readings or meter details or a technical issue with your account. I’m surprised to hear that our Support Team weren’t able to give you further details and you’re yet to receive the promised statements. It would be worth raising this one directly with the Support Team who can re-open and escalate your complaint as the original issues are still not resolved. The quickest way to reach the team is via our Webchat which you can find a link to here.

I’m hoping this information helps get to the bottom of things - do keep us updated if you need any more general advice.