Solved

Why does my online account still ask me to submit meter readings? I've just had a smart meter installed!

• 31 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Why do I have to send a gas reading despite having a smart meter?

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 6 April 2022, 11:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @KJ1974 ,

It sounds like your smart meter might not be working properly. Please could you post photos of your meters and I’ll see if I can diagnose any possible faults.

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the confusion, @KJ1974 .

Was this seen as a message on your online account or OVO App (download for Android or iOS)? If so, the advice in the guide below might help get to the bottom of things.

Let us know if this got things sorted or post some pics if you want smart meter whizz @Blastoise186 to do some more trouble-shooting! 🙂

It appears that on my account it is showing my old gas meter serial number and not my new smart meter serial number. So this maybe the reason I am having to submit my readings.

Userlevel 7

It appears that on my account it is showing my old gas meter serial number and not my new smart meter serial number

This could explain things, @KJ1974.

How recently were the new smart meters installed? If it’s been less than 6 weeks since the installation we may still be initialising and updating the details on your account (check out this very in-depth user guide to this process here).

We’d expect all this setting up to be completed within 6 weeks of the meters being fitted, so if it’s been longer we’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to report this.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you for your help. It’s about six weeks. I have emailed customer service who dealing with it.

Thank you also Blastoise186.