Solved

Why can't I submit meter readings or request a refund on my OVO app? FIXED BUG

Is anyone else having issues with app? I cannot submit readings or get a refund (as you need to submit readings to get one) 😒 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 19 April 2022, 12:53

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Lottie ,

I’m not seeing any issues right now but I can ask @Tim_OVO to flag this up if needed.

Could you go into the app then go to Account > App Info and tell me the App Version and CodePush Version please? I could also do with knowing what device you’re using and the OS version.

In the meantime, see if you can use MyOVO as that should still work.

Hi @Blastoise186 

Thanks for your reply.

The App version is 14.3.3

CodePush v340

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A71

Android version 11

Cheers, @Lottie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks, that helps a lot. It’s useful diagnostic data in case this gets escalated.

Your app is up to date, however your phone might have some updates available. If you head into your phone settings and then go to Software Update > Check For Updates and install any that are available, that might help. Keep repeating this process until your phone says that they’re all done. I think you might be able to get Android 12 and this may or may not help with this kind of issue. You may need to repeat the process at least four or five times, depending on the current state of your phone.

Let’s see if the refunds are working after a meter reading has gone in. Could you call 0330 303 5063 and use option 1 to submit a meter reading? The automated meter reading service is active 24/7 even when the office is closed. After that’s done, give it a few minutes and then you should be able to try requesting a refund via the app. You might need to completely quit the app first and relaunch it though before the option shows up.

I’ll ask Tim and Jess to stop by in the morning as well. Bug hunting is my speciality, but I’m not able to submit bug reports on your behalf. That’s where they come in! :)

Well I tried that just now @Blastoise186  but not 24/7 ... told me to call back 🤷‍♀️

Many thanks @Blastoise186, will check for updates and try all you've suggested. You've been very helpful 🙂 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Blastoise186 

Thanks for your reply.

The App version is 14.3.3

CodePush v340

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A71

Android version 11

Cheers, @Lottie 

Exactly the same for me, except it’s an Huawei P20 running Android 10

@Blastoise186 

No software updates, all have been downloaded so it looks like I'm stuck for the moment not being able to use the app 😕 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks, this really helps.

Do you get any particular error messages or anything? Or is it just a case that the option isn’t there for you?

Userlevel 2

Thanks, this really helps.

Do you get any particular error messages or anything? Or is it just a case that the option isn’t there for you?

I get a Green Banner saying ‘Meter Reading Submission is not possible at the moment’.  I had the same on March 31/April 1st, but I assumed the server was overloaded back then, but attempting to use again over the weekend, and today, it’s still saying the same. Desktop app is fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha. They both access the billing platform in slightly different ways, which can allow one to continue working even if the other is temporarily down.

I’ll ask @Jess_OVO to check with the team about any known issues. Thanks for bringing this up!

Userlevel 7

Thanks for raising this, @MarkC63 and @Lottie.

We’ve not had any notifications of meter readings submission issues reported recently so I’ll pass this on to the team.

In the meantime, have you been in touch with the Support Team to get those readings logged and refunds requested? 

Glad to hear things are up and running again for you both, @MarkC63 and @Lottie 🙂

Do pop back if you ever notice another bug or have any more questions about the online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS👌

@Blastoise186 

@Jess_OVO 

Went to get you a screen shot of the 'sorry you cannot submit a meter reading at the moment' and they both went through. So what ever it was, seems to have resolved itself.

Many thanks to all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries! Glad to hear it’s been fixed.

If you run into trouble with the app again, feel free to stop by. :)

Userlevel 2

Phone app working for me too this morning, Many thanks…...

Userlevel 7

Glad to hear things are up and running again for you both, @MarkC63 and @Lottie 🙂

Do pop back if you ever notice another bug or have any more questions about the online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS) 👌