Solved

Why can I still not submit my meter readings after getting a new gas meter installed 6 months ago?

• 12 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Jan 8th 2021, new gas meter fitted

March 2021 submitted meter reading. Reading not valid as it was incompatible with previous readings. Not surprising as it was from a brand new meter. Sent an estimated bill. How can you estimate a reading on a meter that doesn’t exist?

April 2021, had a meter reading carried out by an “OVO engineer” (in fact from Morrisions but presumable working for OVO/SSE. He took copious notes about the new meter.

Also April 2021, opened a formal complaint which, after submitting photos of the new meter,  was closed as “resolved” with an assurance the the new meter would be registered on the system.

June 2021, submit reading. Message comes back - reading not valid  incompatible with previous readings. 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 14 June 2021, 11:47

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, @Blastoise186

So sorry that you’re having difficulty submitting readings since getting a new meter, @Peter Howson. As the meter was installed in January we’re certainly outside of the usual 6 week time frame when we expect to have the final readings from your old meter confirmed and the new meter details updated on your account.

Also April 2021, opened a formal complaint which, after submitting photos of the new meter,  was closed as “resolved” with an assurance the the new meter would be registered on the system.

It’s understandably frustrating that you’re still unable to log your meter readings on your online account. As this complaint is still unresolved, it can be reopened at any time by contacting our Support Team - they’ll be able to investigate the cause of the delay and escalate this to our Complaints team if you’re still not happy. Our full complaints procedure is outlined here.

Hope we can get things sorted ASAP for you - let us know how you get on. 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Peter Howson ,

I’m sorry to hear about this. As it sounds like an account-specific issue, there’s not much a forum volunteer like myself can do to help. But I’ll definitely see if @Jess_OVO can stop by on Monday when she’s back in the office.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, @Blastoise186

So sorry that you’re having difficulty submitting readings since getting a new meter, @Peter Howson. As the meter was installed in January we’re certainly outside of the usual 6 week time frame when we expect to have the final readings from your old meter confirmed and the new meter details updated on your account.

It’s understandably frustrating that you’re still unable to log your meter readings on your online account. As this complaint is still unresolved, it can be reopened at any time by contacting our Support Team - they’ll be able to investigate the cause of the delay and escalate this to our Complaints team if you’re still not happy. Our full complaints procedure is outlined here.

Hope we can get things sorted ASAP for you - let us know how you get on. 

I send photo after photo and still I receive bills based on estimated readings on the old meter. How you can bill me based on a meter that doesn't exist is beyond me. Is this fraud? I raise complaint after complaint and no one gets back to me despite the empty promise to have complaints resolved within 5 days.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This isn’t fraud. It can sometimes take a while for emails to be responded to due to the volume of incoming emails that OVO gets.

I’ve alerted @Tim_OVO about this thread as Jess is away this week.

Sending a bill based on an estimated reading for a meter that you know doesn’t exist sounds a lot like fraud to me

Userlevel 7

Yep we’ll need to get this account updated with your new meter and rebilled. I’m confident you won’t be miss-charged a penny, but we do need this looked at ASAP. 

Would you be able to chase up a response via web chat, @Peter Howson? Wait times should be no more then a minute, and you can select this at the bottom of the page here.