Solved

Why am I no longer able to login to the Ovo app? It just refers me to the website...

• 17 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Recently, I am unable to log into my Ovo app, even with the correct details.

It shows the following screen,

If I login online  through the website, there are no issues. There are no updates to the app on the apple App Store. I can successfully log in to the app to manage my parents Ovo account, so I know there are no issues with the app.

Anyone got any ideas? App v13.0.2-4829.

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 18 October 2021, 13:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey, welcome back @falkirk81 !

I think I know what this is - and it’s actually good news. The app will definitely stay the same and you won’t need to uninstall/reinstall it or download any other apps. The one you have now will still be the one you’ll be able to use in the future. It’s just designed to be quite a lot more dynamic than most. This blog explains more.

I think what’s happening is that your account is being migrated over from the legacy billing system to the new billing platform which can take a few days and requires the app to switch itself out of “legacy” mode and into “new” mode. It can’t do this until your account is fully migrated, so it has to temporarily disconnect itself for a while. Keep an eye on things over the next couple of weeks and you’ll soon be able to use it again. In particular, look out for an email or two from OVO with more details soon!

You’ll probably also get a new set of login details as well, but you’ll be notified when that happens. :)

For the most part though, once your account has migrated you’ll need to use your email address as the username, rather than your OVO ID going forwards, but the password should remain the same. If you have any trouble, the Password Reset feature should get you back in. If that fails and you can’t do the First Time Logging In either, please give the Support Team a shout and they’ll jump onto the case.

This doesn’t seem like an app bug, but perhaps the wording could be a little better. But that’s probably not too difficult to fix. Either way, something new is coming for you and I think you’ll like it.

Oh, and your billing history will also come with you too! It may take a couple of weeks post-migration for your existing bills to be loaded back into your account, but once they’re available again you’ll see a notification under Billing History in MyOVO. Feel free to download them all for your records when you get a chance. I recommend doing this so that you definitely have a copy, since I’m not sure if they’ll be retained indefinitely.

You’ll also find that your balance becomes a more real-time thing that updates daily rather than monthly. It may feel a little strange at first, but once you get used to it, you’ll probably find it to be a lot more helpful than before. You’ll also have access to all of the new features OVO has been working on since the new platform launched.

Otherwise, it’s mostly going to be business as usual. Your account balance will definitely come with you and your payments will be unaffected. They’ll simply be redirected to the new billing platform automatically in the background from now on.

Enjoy!

Userlevel 7

Hi @falkirk81 and welcome to the OVO online community!

I see you’ve already met our community app-expert, @Blastoise186 whose spotted that your account has yet to be migrated on to our new billing platform.  

As there are no only a few users still on our original platform and using this version of our app, we’ve temporarily disabled your app whilst we work to get the last accounts migrated over to the new platform. In the meantime you can still manage your account via the browser version of your online account and we’ll be back in touch as soon as your account is moved over and your app is back up and running.

Do keep us updated - we’re always happy to help here where we can! :slight_smile: