Solved

When do I get my Warm Home Discount payment?

Hi I applied for the warm scheme and got accepted they sent me a mail but I have not got any payment on my meter I have called ovo twice regarding this matter and was told someone would call let me know when it was goin too b paid but heard nothing pls can someone check this ?? Thx
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 26 April 2017, 15:45

View original

37 replies

Hi I applied for the warm scheme and got accepted they sent me a mail but I have not got any payment on my meter I have called ovo twice regarding this matter and was told someone would call let me know when it was goin too b paid but heard nothing pls can someone check this ?? Thx
Same here I got told it would be anytime upto01/05
Thy told me by the end of may but nothing iv foned numerous times but thy just say someone will call you .
I'll try tomorrow see what answers I get
I'll try tomorrow see what answers I get
I got the same answer end of may payments are being released daily
Userlevel 6
The OVO line on WHD is "we will make all payments by May 31st 2017, the deadline set by OFGEM" - I know several customers still waiting for their WHD payment.

All I know is that the payments are made in batches and yours should be with you pretty soon! If it's not on you account by mid May I'd recommend ringing up and questioning what's going on
When do you receive a fuel discount if you applied last year, I still haven't heard anything.
I'd like to ask the same question too. Im still waiting. I emailed OVO about this but as yet havent had a reply. 😞
Userlevel 6
When do you receive a fuel discount if you applied last year, I still haven't heard anything.

I'd like to ask the same question too. Im still waiting. I emailed OVO about this but as yet havent had a reply. :(

Hi both - if you applied for the Warm Home Discount and where successful (WHD) OVO is releasing payments on a near daily basis and have until May 31st to credit accounts/meter with the money. Chasing up doesn't seem to have any impact.

If neither of you have received your WHD by June 1st I advise you do call OVO and escalate this.

Please let us know when it's sorted
Thanks Matt, i didnt realise they had until the end of May to pay out. In that case ill put my patient head on and keep you updated. Thanks again.
Userlevel 6
Thanks Matt, i didnt realise they had until the end of May to pay out. In that case ill put my patient head on and keep you updated. Thanks again.

No worries - OFGEM set the deadline and OVO are complying with it.

Fingers crossed it comes through soon - looking forward to your next post telling us you've got it 🙂
Userlevel 5

Updated on 14/11/2022 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

How is Warm Home Discount (WHD) changing?

Key changes in numbers

• WHD spending is increasing from £350 million to £475 million across all suppliers 

• 780,000 more households will receive the rebate

• 560,000 more fuel poor households will get help 

• The Warm Home discount rebate is increasing from £140 to £150

• 59% of recipients under the new scheme will be fuel poor compared to around 47% of recipients for the current scheme

These changes will apply for the next four years. 

Changes for England and Wales

Instead of having Core Group and Broader Group, these will now be Core Group 1 and Core Group 2. You can also check the website for the latest updates.

Core Group 1 

This group will be the same customers who were eligible for the previous Core Group, customers eligible for the Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit will continue to automatically receive the rebate.

Core Group 2

The Broader group in England and Wales is replaced with Core Group 2 and customers identified as eligible for a rebate no longer need to apply. Eligibility for Core Group 2 is determined using fuel poverty targeting. Rebates are provided to low income households with high energy costs.

Core Group 2 recipients are identified using

• Data from the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) on property characteristics such as floor plan, property age and property type; and 

• Data from the DWP and HMRC on household benefits (households in receipt of certain means-tested benefits and income-capped Tax Credits will be deemed as low income)

Non-eligible customers

Some customers who used to be eligible, won’t be any more. This can be for the following reasons:

1. The customer is in receipt of non-means tested benefits (likely disability based) that are not considered as a low-income proxy under Core Group 2. (It‘s important to note that recipients who also receive a means-tested benefit would still be considered low income under Core Group 2)

2. Those in receipt of non-means tested benefits who receive another, means-tested benefit but who do not have high energy costs might not be eligible for the rebate. 

Please note that OVO’s Support team aren’t in a position to advise you on your benefits or warm home discount eligibility. If you’re not sure of any of the details above, Citizens Advice are well place to offer help and support.

Changes for Scotland

The process for customers living in Scotland will remain largely unchanged. People who receive certain income based benefits and who meet their energy supplier’s criteria for getting the Warm Home Discount (only customers in Scotland can apply for the “broader group”). Applications are now open. 

We’ll be in touch with previous recipients to let them know how to proceed. Customers can also check the  website for the latest updates. 

Energy Bills Support Scheme

This page has all the information that we have on the Energy Bills Support Scheme right now. You can find the latest information on the Energy Bills Support Scheme on the government website. 

Ways to get financial support

If you’re struggling financially or you’re worried about your energy bills, we’re here to support you. Find out about the different ways we can help here.

Price rises: we're here to support you

Here’s the latest information on rising energy prices, and how we can help. 

Hi, I am also waiting for the money from Warm Home Scheme. My letter said it will be with me when I will top up 2/3 times, but being a weekly " top - upper " I've done already many top ups and haven't received it yet. So as I can see, we have to wait until the end of the month. Is it going to be applied to gas card or electricity key ?
Userlevel 6
Hi, I am also waiting for the money from Warm Home Scheme. My letter said it will be with me when I will top up 2/3 times, but being a weekly " top - upper " I've done already many top ups and haven't received it yet. So as I can see, we have to wait until the end of the month. Is it going to be applied to gas card or electricity key ?

Hi Neila

Welcome to the forum - I'm sorry to learn you're still waiting on the WHD payment to reach you.

I can confirm that the WHD is applied to the electric account. I can advise also that if you are part of the core group - payments should be received by now.

If all else fails do give OVO a shout and see if they can be any more specific with it.
I'm still waiting ...has anyone actually received this ?
Userlevel 6

Hi @Angishere sorry to hear you're still waiting - several people have posted they've received theirs in the last few days so it should be any day now.

If you're received notification that you'll receive the WHD after a few top ups and it's still not on the meters get in touch with OVO to see what's what.

Fingers crossed it arrives very shortly for you
I am also still waiting. Done my top up yesterday and asked the man who was in charge and there was nothing. Hopefully OVO will keep up to the date (31.05)
Userlevel 6
I am also still waiting. Done my top up yesterday and asked the man who was in charge and there was nothing. Hopefully OVO will keep up to the date (31.05)

Hi @Nelia thanks for posting - it should be with you any day now. On the off chance it's not on your meter by the 31st May I'd advise you reach out to the ovo customer care team to see what's going on.

Hopefully it arrives with you shortly
Userlevel 7

Hey @Angishere and @Nelia

If you've been advised about getting this Warm Home Discount after topping up, this means the payment is ready to go. You'll need to top up with your key at the same PayPoint, no more then once a day, and the payment should transfer within 5 top ups. If it doesn't give us a shout. I'll be able to check the status of this payment and advise you further.

Hope this helps,
Tim
I got mine today
I have had a letter stating it should be 2-3 top ups maximum. I have already done more than 10. Last one 5 days ago.
I always use the same PayPoint, because one shop just has been closed 3 months ago, and my nearest PayPoint shop would not accept my electricity key ( the shop owner says it's the machine problem and only problem with OVO keys). To be honest I live in a town with plenty of shops around, and the nearest point where I can top up is within 20 minutes walk. Not the best.

Thanks for reply, Tim. I will let you know tomorrow as I will be going to top up.
My electric actually went and when I put it back on it kicked in ..I don't know if that was just coincidence
Userlevel 5
I have had a letter stating it should be 2-3 top ups maximum. I have already done more than 10. Last one 5 days ago.
I always use the same PayPoint, because one shop just has been closed 3 months ago, and my nearest PayPoint shop would not accept my electricity key ( the shop owner says it's the machine problem and only problem with OVO keys). To be honest I live in a town with plenty of shops around, and the nearest point where I can top up is within 20 minutes walk. Not the best.

Thanks for reply, Tim. I will let you know tomorrow as I will be going to top up.

@Nelia How did you get on with this?
I have done my top up yesterday and still nothing.
I will try to ring OVO today after work.
Userlevel 5
@Nelia If you still need our help, feel free to send either myself or @Tim_OVO a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number.

Lucy