Solved

What does the red button on my radio teleswitch (RTS) meter do?

• 25 January 2018
  • 4 replies

I was hoping someone can help. We have Radio Teleswitch pictured below. Can anyone tell me what is the red button for please? I understand it says off/on but what does it do?

Couple of months ago one of my heaters broke down and I had a guy who came to fix it. He also fiddled with the radio tele switch and I suspect that he might have change something and the heaters now taking only the peak rates.

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 25 January 2018, 15:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Updated on 22/04/22 by Jess_OVO

Great question to ask about your radio teleswitch (RTS) meter

These meters respond to radio signals to switch on or off certain peak or off-peak circuits (ie. your storage heater circuit). The red switch will show when the circuit in question is activated. For a detailed explanation of this process, we recommend watching the video below:

If there seems to be an issue with when your meter is switching between certain peak/off peak rates, or you notice this red switch isn’t changing when it should it’s worth reaching out to our Support Team or your current supplier to check your peak/off-peak times and whether this could indicate a faulty meter.

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Hi Nancy, And thank you for your reply.

The red button I am referring to is marked on the image below.

I suspect that the button was in a possition "on" and that caused that the heaters could work anytime in a day whereas before, the button was "off" and the heating used to kick in only at the night time. Don't know if that makes sense.

Thank you
I have the same question about my Radio Teleswitch. The red switch rarely moves (last seen to move 5 days ago!)

The low/normal pointer on the meter stays on one setting for days.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Frizzbomb @Miro_82

It doesn't look like any other forum user can help with this. I'd suggest you reach out to the Care team via FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

^Tim