Solved

SSE to OVO already but received a second welcome email?

• 12 August 2022
  • 9 replies

I was transfered to OVO from SSE back in March 2022, and have had no problems with the OVO account. All set up easily and direct debits etc all working well.

Today, (August 12th 2022) I received another ‘ You’re in safe hands – OVO Energy is now powering your home ‘ email from no-reply@sseenergyservices.co.uk telling me that I have been transfered to OVO and click on a link to access your new account and activate it.

I am concerened that it is either a very clever phishing scam or that a duplicate account has been set up, which will lead to confusion.

Alternatively, it could just be that SSE have lost the plot and are sending out random e-mails.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Peter BC

icon

Best answer by PeterBC 23 August 2022, 16:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @PeterBC and thanks for flagging this. How odd, and as you can imagine, this is not intentional. 

First off I’d recommend you don’t click on any links from that recent email, just in case. Second, I’d recommend you check your OVO online account here, and your SSE online account here. Have a look at billing dates. Perhaps one fuel was switched over back in March but the other has only just moved over now? Do all the details match up as expected? 

If there’s any doubt on what’s going on, give our Support team a bell via online chat here

Thanks for the response.

I’m all electric, so only one account.

The OVO acount is operating normally, with access to billing, meter reading, direct debits and the acount details all available.

My SSE log in still works and I get the following banner.

Last year, SSE Energy Services became part of the OVO family. We’re proud to share the same mission to bring clean, affordable energy to all.

We recently moved your online account over to OVO Energy, and it’s now ready to activate. Once activated, you’ll be able to log in to see your SSE bills from the last two years, make payments, give meter readings and access all of your usual features.

You’ll also see your last SSE bill, which includes your OVO account number. Any credit or debit balances will be transferred to your new OVO account so you’ll need to use your new account number to make payments.

If you have any questions, you can also visit our "moving to OVO"

There is an an ‘activate account’ button, which I haven’t pressed, as I activated the new account back in March.

My bill is due in 4 days time, so I will see if all is well with the OVO account then,

I will also check that the direct debit has been taken.

If all is well, and I don’t get any more e-mails, can I assume that it is just a random message and delete the e-mail.

Many thanks for the feedback

PeterBC

Userlevel 7

Yes @PeterBC if you get your bill you can disregard the second migration email. If that bill comes or doesn’t come, can you also private message me so I can flag the account to the team working on these migrations? 

Thanks,
Tim

First off I’d recommend you don’t click on any links from that recent email, just in case. Second, I’d recommend you check your OVO online account here, and your SSE online account here. Have a look at billing dates. Perhaps one fuel was switched over back in March but the other has only just moved over now? Do all the details match up as expected? 

If there’s any doubt on what’s going on, give our Support team a bell via online chat here

Tim,

Direct Debit taken ok.

Bill is ‘being prepared’  - This can take between 5 and 7 days !

Will advise when received

Thanks for the advice

Peter BC

Bill received ok.

No further e-mails received.

Peter BC

The account no-reply@ssecustomerservices.co.uk is also trying to send me emails every 30 mins.

The problem is that email does not have any valid MX records, neither does it have a valid DMARC or SPF registration therefore my email server is rejecting the messages as ‘ Could not complete sender verify’. Meaning it does very much look like SPAM.

The problem is that, that server is still trying to send me emails every 30 mins with over 150 attempts made so far over the last four days.

I have tried raising this with SSE but to no avail.

Can you get this stopped please. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @AdrianH ,

I’ll flag this to @Tim_OVO and @Emmanuelle_OVO . Sorry about that!

Thank you. I’ve raised a separate conversation with the same messages as I didn’t expect such a quick response. Sorry.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for flagging this, @AdrianH  - what a pain. I’ll private message you now to take some details and see if we can’t get those automated emails stopped. Please keep any updates to this other topic on the same issue: