Question

SMS cancelled 3-phase meter installation appointment - a week later no reason given, no rescheduled appointment

• 11 October 2021
  • 3 replies

We have been upgraded to 3-phase supply by DNO UKPN. Work was completed on 8 October as planned, and site available by 13:30. We were notified on 4 October by Ovo that the meter installation appointment scheduled for the afternoon of 8 October would not take place but a reschedule would be agreed with us by SMS.

A week has gone by since cancellation and we have heard nothing. No explanation and no new appointment.  This is not acceptable. What are you doing to get SMS to respond to us? When will we get our supply connected?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @plodder .

Sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, as a forum volunteer I’m unable to access your account or make any changes, so I wouldn’t be able to look at what happened or rebook another appointment. However, the Support Team definitely will be happy to sort that out for you.

It’s possible that OVO weren’t informed about SMS cancelling the appointment, since once it’s handed over to them OVO doesn’t really get involved again for the most part. Where needed though, OVO can give them a nudge and a reminder about an outstanding job request, so hopefully that should get you some progress.

Please keep us posted with how things go. We’ll be here if you need us!

Userlevel 7

Hi there @plodder and welcome to the OVO online community,

I am so sorry to hear about your cancelled 3-phase meter installation and the delay in hearing back from our third-party installers, that does sound really frustrating particularly as you were assured they would be in touch.

As we’re not able to access your account here, the best step would be to contact our Support Team who can look into this further. The quickest means of contact is via our Webchat which you can find a link to here.

I hope the team can help get this one sorted for you, let us know how you get on - we’re always on hand here to offer advice where we can.

Thanks @Blastoise186 and @Jess_OVO 

I have been in touch with the support team as you suggested, and although I don’t yet have an appointment fixed, I think we are moving forward.