F.A.Q.

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

OVO Energy Live billing platform and monthly summaries - What do I need to know?

Show first post

264 replies

Userlevel 1

Oh ok, it came back on again just after 6am, how do you keep it on all the time as can’t see any setting to do this

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid it’s hardcoded that way. Almost everyone prefers their IHD to go to sleep overnight.

However, if you tap the screen or press any button, it will wake up temporarily so you can check on it.

Userlevel 1

Ok Thankyou, also  do they not display the night rate if you have economy 7 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It will do so during E7 hours. :)

Seems OVO have not met with your expectations after all.

14 days is up and they have not used my online payment to settle last months bill.

It's sitting in this months cycle. 

I find OVO so "incompetent" and disinterested it puts a whole new slant on the Oxford Dictionarys use of the word.

Those with any shares in OVO would be well advised to sell!

Hiya!

If you made a payment to your account that’s at least equal to any outstanding bills by the due date, those bills will be considered as paid off, regardless of where the payment shows up in the billing cycles.

Seems OVO have not met with your expectations after all.

14 days is up and they have not used my online payment to settle last months bill.

It's sitting in this months cycle. 

I find OVO so "incompetent" and disinterested it puts a whole new slant on the Oxford Dictionarys use of the word.

Those with any shares in OVO would be well advised to sell!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chris Ellen,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

If the payment was made after the monthly statement was produced it wouldn’t appear on that statement. However we have a live billing system, so whenever we receive a payment from you, your account balance will update accordingly within 24-48 hours. Any payment you’ve made will go towards your balance.

Money to cover my bill was paid in 3 days after it was produced.

Perhaps you could explain where the "14 days" to settle bill falls into all this?

OVO are deliberately creating my debt balance by not allowing me to settle the previous months bill and i intend to investigate this further.

I've had trouble with OVO since my December 2022 migration period,  with a grossly over estimated SSE bill passed to them. 

I sent OVO the correct readings immediately, but they have consistently ignored my request to correct my Bill to this day.

The SSE over estimate of my meter readings, created a Debit starting balance of £167.00 - the correct reading's sent by me corrected the starting balance Debit to just £65.00.

What has happened to my overpayment of £102.00 I will never know, it would seem?

However OVO appears to have a history of "overcharging and reimbursement", so I assume the answer is possibly there, not that I have any expectations of seeing my loss.

It seems I have to wait 12 weeks under the complaints procedure rules to find that out - Inclusive of the time wasting from OVO "customer service", who have been as much use to me as a chocolate teapot since December 2022.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chris Ellen,

We don’t have access to your account on the Forum, so I can only cast assumptions from the information you’ve provided.

It sounds to me, because you’ve mentioned a large estimated bill and a 12 week timeframe that a read dispute may have been raised on your account. Once a new reading is agreed your final bill will be re-produced by your previous supplier and an amended balance will be sent across. You can find out more about this topic here:

Hope this helps. 

How come I've paid £100 in Dec Jan and Feb (£300) yet this bill shows I have only paid £132 it make no sense. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

You’ll have to look at the details on the attached bill. I’m guessing that the figure of £522.91 is in fact less than the cost of fuel and standing charges by the amount of Energy Bill Support Scheme payments in the period. These payments are then transferred back into your bank account (called Refunds on the bill). It gets more confusing if any of the payments fall outside the billing period.

Hi there. I have my first bill in, and my first DD is supposed to come out at the start of next month. Do I have to pay this Bill now, or do I wait until my DD kicks in next month? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MclellanMan1995 , if you have a dd setup then you can leave it until that gets taken. Just watch your first few months to make sure the readings are right and your dd is at the right level

Userlevel 1

Hi can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your first bill online account to download 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Csm do you have online access to your account? You can follow the billing there as they use a ‘live’ system. The general formal bill will depend on your billing date. The bill itself would normally be available a few days (5 ish) after the end of the billing period. 
https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-history
It’s useful to keep check on your meter readings to see that they are in line with what you expect and not estimated 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings

Userlevel 1

Hi @BPLightlog yes i do have assess to online can see payment they took but the usage is saying not avaiable however smart meter only just started sending reading so not sure if this could be the problem and changed my tariff during billing period which ended yesterday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BPLightlog yes i do have assess to online can see payment they took but the usage is saying not avaiable however smart meter only just started sending reading so not sure if this could be the problem and changed my tariff during billing period which ended yesterday 

Ok then I think my bill normally is available around 5 days after the end of the billing cycle. If they don’t have enough meter readings it’s usually estimated so that should be there at least (not on usage but meter readings)

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks will wait for 5 days all it says is the reading i gave with the smart meter reading where correct 

Userlevel 1

Hi is the ovo online account down cant log into my account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Me neither. Looks like it is down right now (22:08 Tues)

Userlevel 1

Hi @juliamc 

Yeah app not working either would of thought they would of said it would be down 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Seems to be up again now (23:50).

Recently I have received my bill which says I should pay £197.48 but when I press PAY THIS AMOUNT button it takes me to Make a payment page where it says I should now pay £313 …. What is going on? Anyone knows how to tackle this?

By the way this is the most unintuitive system I have ever used. Even ‘Usage’ tab is confusing … When I select usage by year, it shows my months, when I select months, it shows me days!! I do understand this is current year/month/day but to some people, I know this is confusing as they think this will allow them to sort usage by one of these categories.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rafal_Kaczmarek and welcome to this customer forum. 
No one here has access to your account so won’t know any details (it’s a public forum) but unless there’s any extra to pay I’m not sure if your first question although if you’re PAYG you could just pay the amount on your bill. OVO use a live billing system so it does change daily. 
On the usage choices, I do understand what you mean but by Month, what is meant is ‘by month’ so that you see a month day by day. The same goes for Year showing each month in that year etc. 

If a system for an energy supplier (not just ovo but including ovo) produces a massive bill ie say 18K does this get flagged up for manual intervention or is it down to the customer to alert the supplier concerned!

Thanks in advance