Solved

New online account / portal - how do I give feedback?

Show first post

58 replies

Userlevel 5

I can appreciate your viewpoint on the Self Service Reward, @ClassicalMarian.

As customers such as yourself are losing this mid-contract, we are offering to waive any exit fees for those who do want to leave mid-contract due to this. You’d just need to let us know if you wanted to do this.

@Transparent 

I haven't got a smart meter so they don't really know what my daily consumption is.

We'll just have to see how the quarterly statements go but I'm not overly confident with this lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Phil Smith - So please let us know what ensues.

The new Billing System has to function satisfactorily for those without a Smart Meter too otherwise OVO will find Ofgem breathing down their neck!

I’m unsure how regularly you send in manual meter reading to OVO, but from what I’ve seen, if you submit them monthly, the software is pretty good at estimates and forecasts. I deliberately missed a complete month last year, just to see what happened!

Even if we don’t now hear from you until the next quarter has passed by, we’ll still be awaiting news from you. :slight_smile:

The new Statements are not good please revert to once a month Statements, I'm also considering moving on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry, @No Smart Meter - that’s just not going to happen because of the need to comply with Ofgem licensing rules.

See what I wrote about this here, earlier in this Topic.

The new-look website takes control away from the customer

1. new sign-in required - please remember this is OUR (Ovo’s) website not yours
  2. the place for giving meter readings is now hidden, whereas before it was very prominent
  3. on my own account the useage information is rubbish: it shows weird gas readings from the Ovo system on a daily basis - possibly in kW/h. My meter (which I intend to keep) reads in Terms - so the Ovo information does not relate.
  4. CONGRATULATIONS - feeding in new readings produces an immediate indication of what the  bill will be - when it is produced - BUT NO EMAIL CONFIRMING YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR READINGS.
  5. My question this - if it ain’t broke why fix it? And why tell people like me what you think we have used, when you actually have no idea? And why mix your imperial and SI units???  
Userlevel 7

Thanks for this feedback, @Brixton Dave - I’ve moved it onto this topic where other users are suggesting features, feeding back on changes. 

We’re keeping a really close eye on how our members respond to this new online account. It’s a continuously developing experience, so this feedback loop is essential. I’ll try and get a developer to post here with some specifics about the points you’ve raised. 

In the meantime, here’s a list of online tutorials we’ve made to help members new to this new online account!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brixton Dave and thanks for raising these points. I do have a Smart Meter, but I’m still interested in what you’re seeing.

1: Not everyone requires a new sign-in when being migrated to the new Billing System. I don’t know what triggers the request, but there could be a number of reasons why a verification or new password is required. As it’s a security measure, I doubt we’ll be told how and why some customers need to partially re-register.

2: I can’t see where on the menu system is the entry to input manual meter readings. Can you please clarify this? Or, better still, take a screenshot and post it here. Thanks.

3: The presentation of the gas usage will have been decided with reference to Ofgem’s requirements. kWh seems reasonable because this takes into account the Calorific Value.

I could understand some customers would like to have an option without CV, which could be m³, but I suspect too few customers would like to see therms or ft³ to make it worthwhile adding in the code.

We have to remember that it was Ofgem’s intervention which caused this new Billing System to be developed in the first place, and that they will be auditing it. If OVO add in options then they must be proven accurate and properly able to inform customers. It’s not just a matter of inserting another formula into the code.

What would you use the Usage histogram for which isn’t achievable with the current displays?

4: This needs a Moderator to raise it with the Project Manager. What you say sounds reasonable.

5a: It was broken! That’s why Ofgem issued an Order that OVO fix it!

I’m aware that there were discrepancies in the three points where it is necessary to generate a Usage Estimate. There may have been other factors which also failed to satisfy the Licence Requirements.,

5b: Where are imperial and SI units mixed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I know I’m late to the party,

After the reworking to my accounts last week, I have now finally been moved over to the new billing platform, 

My first observation is that my all my previous statements & meter reading history from the old platform are nowhere to be seen. So I can’t confirm the opening balance or actual meter readings are correct.

Given my previous history with Ovo & it’s billing system, I do like to keep an eye on my account these days, or should I say try to. 

Tom...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like there’s some good news for you at least @TomThumb .

I’m not sure how easy it would be to get your old bills and meter readings uploaded to the new platform, but would you be OK if OVO was able to send you a copy of everything by email or similar? I think it’s possible for the Support Team to do that for you.

Even if the old meter readings can’t be transferred over, it should hopefully be possible to at least get the bills imported. But I suspect having them emailed to you is probably going to be more reliable.

Userlevel 7

It’s great to hear you’ve moving over to the new billing platform, @TomThumb - although presumably this will be for 1 gas and 1 elec, with your other gas supply on the old legacy platform?

Historic statements should be added to the online account. This topic (copied below) outlines how:

Step 1:

Head over to the ‘Charges’ link on the left hand side of the screen (you’ll find this in the top left menu if you’re viewing the account on your mobile browser).

Step 2:

Once you’re on this page, you should see the following ‘migration’ message at the bottom of the screen:

New Upgrade Message

This message will show you the date that you were upgraded to our new online experience and how you’ll see your future statements and charges.

Stage 3:

As the message will say, you can find all of your previous statements by choosing the ‘Show my charges and payment history’ option on this page.

Like before, you’ll be able to view and download all of your statements in case you want to keep these for your own records.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Cheers @Tim_OVO but unfortunately I don’t have a charges link, but you are correct in that these changes are for my smart meters account only.

This new account view shows 1 historic entry for 1 day’s charge  11th Jan to 11th Jan 2021,

There is nothing online that suggests that the web view needs to pull the data thru over the next few Hrs or days, 

the online help section states, for missing previous bills,

“are you looking at your account on the app or on the desktop version?

If the issue is there on the desktop version, please reach out to the team, they’ll take a look into this, if it’s on the app only, it will update in time.”

As the view of how my account is now presented is a big change from the old platform,

So on that front, I apologise in advance if my old statements are actually there somewhere!

Tom...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah ha! Detective Blastoise has cracked this case.

I think I know exactly what’s happening here. The billing history feature was recently rebuilt and it looks like the migration feature might not have been carried over from the existing version. I’m pretty confident that the bills you’re after are almost certainly somewhere, just not currently visible.

Nice catch there @TomThumb ! Tim should be able to fire off an SOS Flare for this. :wink:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the quick update @Blastoise186  tbh, as I had been on the old platform, I hadn’t really been taking notice of any posts relating to the new system, so I have no real data on how it should perform to real world usage atm.

What I have found in the short time I have spent on this new platform is

I’m not able to confirm any opening meter readings or the newly created opening balance of my account, because no history is available for either.

(Having had billing issues every month for the last 10 months has made me somewhat sceptical)

It is comical that at this point in time, I am able to see the cost in ££ or Kwh’s for any given day as far back as March 2020, but I am unable to view an actual bill or statement from this time.

Tom…

P.S  @Blastoise186 I do recall seeing a bug report from yourself regarding the screen stutter & flashing, it’s enough to be thankful I don’t have epilepsy,

IPadOS 14.3 / chrome 

Tom...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow, so your usage data seems to work then!

Going forwards, you should definitely see future bills show up correctly. I suspect this is just a case of re-implementing a feature that was probably forgotten about during the latest rebuild. Hopefully Tim can chase that up.

You really do like to smash the platform to pieces too. Hehehe

Userlevel 7

Ahh the curse of the flickering bug returns :ant:

The billing history feature was recently rebuilt and it looks like the migration feature might not have been carried over from the existing version. 

Not sure I agree, @Blastoise186 - the ‘Billing History’ tab is the latest version which was trialed and then rolled out at the end of 2020. 

It might be worth granting a bit of a grace period, @TomThumb - the account has just been migrated. Let’s see what happens over the coming days? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

After placing a call into Ovo this morning, my missing statement although still not available via my Ovo account, has been made available & pdf has been emailed over to myself now.

Given my accounts history thus far had been cleared down / rebuilt & presented in this single statement, I can balance my book’s once again.

Tom...

Userlevel 3

Hi. I joined Ovo in March with smart meters. My meters are working great sending readings every 30 minutes and I can see the usage graphs. I was expecting my balance to be updated daily but it is not.I queried this on the live chat and was told that this is because I’m not on the new live billing system yet. Just wondering if anyone has any idea how long I have to wait before I get moved over to the new system. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Howdy @Ajk ! It’s been a while. :)

Would you like some good news and (slightly) bad news?

I’m afraid I don’t yet know exactly when you’ll be migrated over to the new billing platform unfortunately. However, I am told that OVO is really starting to pick up the pace and the number of members who are still remaining on the legacy system is rapidly dropping every week and getting faster.

My guess would be possibly within the next three months, but this is a rough guess. It could be faster, it could be slower. Your account might even be really close to the top of the queue too. What tariff do you have by the way? This may provide clues.

Userlevel 3

Hi. My plan is better energy fixed. When I signed up the agent told me that my balance would update in near real time

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Gotcha.

Let me see if I can play a Joker Card here and ask @Tim_OVO or @Jess_OVO if they know when your account might be migrated over. In some cases it can be possible to manually migrate specific accounts ahead of schedule, but I don’t like to make that a promise because it’s not always an option.

Your tariff doesn’t sound like a blocker though. I think the system generally picks accounts at random in order to try and be fair. But my Joker Card should reveal the details (hopefully).

Once you’re on the new platform, the promised live billing features will be activated for you.

Userlevel 3

Thanks. It would be great if you could help sort it for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries, I can’t promise anything but I’ll see what I can do.

Chances are I can at least find out how the migration project is getting on and potentially get some estimated timelines for completion. Would that be OK with you?

But yeah, I’ve got this on my radar now and I’ll keep an eye out for any news.

Userlevel 3

yeah that's ok with me:slight_smile:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Excellent. Then that’s what I’ll definitely ask Tim and Jess to see if they can find out. Along with a rough estimate of when your account might get migrated if possible.

Trust me, it’s worth the wait. In actual fact, I would say that the new billing platform has been massively improved now compared to six or seven months ago when I first joined. As have the OVO Energy apps. I’ve made sure of that.

I just wanted to also let you know that during the migration process, things may go a bit weird for a while - especially with the OVO Energy app, your billing and potentially getting smart meter readings in. This is to be expected, not least because you’ll be moving between two completely different systems. However, as a way to give you a piece of history, all your previous statements from the legacy system will get re-uploaded to your account on the new billing platform after the migration. It may take a few weeks, but you’ll know when that’s done. There'll be a message in your account that tells you where to find the old bills and how to download them once they’re ready.

My understanding is that the old bills will remain on your account and available to download indefinitely, but I would definitely recommend downloading any that you want to keep and backing them up somewhere safe, just in case.